Monday, November 8, 2010

A Formaldehyde Triple-Double!

I know I still have to do the review of the movie Hereafter that Sugar Momma and I saw Saturday night after I got off work but I cracked myself up that night. We got there in time for the commercials and previews and when the movie started Sugar Momma turned to me and whispered "it's about time." I said "yeah, I think the movie's out on video by now." What's the deal with all the stuff before the movies? It's been a while since we have been to a movie (this summer I guess) and I forgot to arrive twenty-five minutes late to see the start of the show.

Fabio played both the A and the B games again tonight. I think he is the only person on the team to play every single game A and B. The A team won and the B team was down by two with twelve seconds left on the clock against Kaneland. They brought the ball down the court and Fabio took the three point shot at the buzzer and it was just off target by about three inches and they lost by two points. Of course he said that he lost the game for them but he calmed down. I explained to him that athletes do that every night and they just have to let it go and he should be happy that the coach felt that he was the dude that should take that shot. In both pre-game warm-ups he was draining threes from every part of the three point line. He actually didn't take it as hard as he would have last year so he is maturing thankfully. It was very exciting.

Hey ladies if some moron tries to pick you up with the line "how do you like your eggs in the morning" tell him "unfertilized!"

I heard that a funeral company in Poland came out with a calendar that features hot chicks dressed very provocatively in and on coffins. I think this is excellent though the Catholic Church does not share my amusement. Father Tadeusz Rybnik in Warsaw said that it is tasteless and shocking and "death is not sexy." Most of the photos were inspired my movies like Reservoir Dogs, The Godfather and some James Bond films. You know me and my preoccupation with death and cemeteries so I somewhat disagree with Father Rybnik. Maybe death isn't sexy but from a religious standpoint I thought that death should be a celebration because the person who dies goes home to be with The Lord and enjoy eternal peace and serenity. Some of us find dancing poles and cleavage and watching movies relaxing and peaceful.

What's the deal with British Columbia? It may be obvious and , yes I know it's in Canada, but doesn't that seem like a weird combination? I know some great people from Columbia but when I think of them I don't think of tea and crumpets or Red Coats fighting with George Washington and his troops. I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation like Native Americans being called Indians because some guy who didn't believe that the Earth was flat thought he had landed in India.

One of my favorite words right now is cantankerous. I guess that is the secret word. say the secret word and divide $50 between you.

Tomorrow night I am working a football game. It sounds like the weather couldn't be better to work an outside event in November. I will miss Fabio's game though. He'll probably score a triple-double. For those of you who don't know that is when a double-digit number total (10-99) in one of five statistical categories: points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocked shots in a game. So he could have 12 assists, 18 points and 10 blocked shots for example. If he does I may have to miss the rest of his games.

Okay Tuesday is aboot to begin (I said that in a British-Columbian accent). Don't miss Conan Monday night so you can join in on the water cooler for those of you have a job at a water-cooler job. I'll try to blog tomorrow but it will either be early or late because I won't be done with work until about 11:00 PM. Have a Fantuestik Tuesday. Blog you later Commodities Trader. TTTT...MITM!

No comments:

Post a Comment