Tuesday, April 7, 2015

To Vote or Not to Vote


It is 911 (time not date). I am not sure if that mean anything other than the time but I always thing of the emergency phone number, or course, and the World Trade Center bombing or disaster or whatever the official marketing term is for that terrible day. Just type "911" in your search engine and see what photos come up. I wonder what other numbers cause us to get distracted that way? 411, of course. I am very find of the number 13 so that one always sticks out to me. 123 is a big one the world over probably. I really do just write about nonsense don't I?

Yesterday afternoon, into the night, I was burning leaves in the backyard fire pit as Cha Cha raked them into piles. It is great to have so many beautiful trees in the yard but it is always a sad day when I have to cremate all of the fallen heroes (the leaves). Do you think the word "leaves" comes from the fact that they fall from (leave) the trees? I realize the singular form of the word is leaf but, if the leaving part weren't the reason for the plural word "leaves," wouldn't they have just been called leafs? The hockey team isn't called the Toronto Maple Leaves. That could be because the Canadians (not the Montreal ones) seem to be more sensible with their language. I also tend to go off on tangents because I wanted don't I?  I just wanted to tell you about Jeff (our dog) and not the words leaf/leafs/leaves. Jeff was out there with me the entire time. He even ignored his Great Dane girlfriend Kona who eventually went home. I don't think she was a big fan of the burning leaves anyway. Don't worry, they made up - he is over in her house next door right now; I probably won't seem him the rest of the day. Anyway, it was very amusing. Jeff looks like Two Socks from Dances With Wolves (no Wolfs) right down to the two white front paws. He was doing what Border Collies do - he was rounding-up the smoke. He was circling the fire pit over and over while trying to catch the smoke in his mouth. He would jump up about four feet into the air trying to eat the smoke. By the end of the night his tongue was hanging out continuously. I had no idea his tongue was that long. I am glad that he is just a typical boy and loves fires just like me. It is even nicer that he does not have opposable thumbs so he cannot work a lighter or matches. Seriously, opposable isn't a word spell-check? I wanted to finish burning the rest but it rained and now the leaves are wet.
Jeff (Two Socks) and I burning leaves yesterday
Today I am working on the laundry and such. Being a homebody is kind of sucky though I am getting a lot done around here. I just put my event monitor in the mailbox after the ten days with the stings attached. Now, I have no strings attached. That monitor was a total pain and I am not certain that it was anything more than a placebo. I am fairly tech-savvy and it was a a joke many times. I cannot believe they would give this thing to elderly (more than me) people. Some people in my family cannot even figure out a cell phone so this would be a nightmare. There would be messages on the screen that the battery was"critically low" after I had just charged it all night long and the screen read "battery charge 100%" just moments ago.  Hillary Clinton probably has her own monitor she is so tech-savvy. Anyway, now they will tell me what or what not they found. With my luck I will have an episode today, right after I am monitorless.

Today is election day and I may walk over later and vote. Now that I think about it for a second, literally, I may not vote. George Carlin had always said, "if you vote you have no right to complain.  When things get screwed-up by the politicians I, who did not vote, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and  have every right to complain as loud as I want because of the mess you (the voter) created that I had nothing to do with." I believe I will NOT vote because I love to complain. I need more blog MATTerial anyway. Also, I ALWAYS vote and Cha Cha does for the big elections (Presidential...) and Jill gets sent notices for jury duty about three or four times a year and I NEVER get these notices. I would love jury duty. Can you imagine the blog material? It isn't because of where I work because I have only been at this job for about four years and I never got an invite before that either. Is it sexist? Do they just want smart people? Beautiful people only? Based on her getting lots and me getting zero I cannot believe it is random. It is outright prejudice! I am no longer drinking the Kool-Aid starting today!

The dryer is calling again so I will take that as my cue to stop, Thank you for letting me rant for a bit. I keep hearing from people that I never realized read the blog and that always makes me smile. I am sure there are many things that I write that you agree with and many that I write that you don't agree with. I imagine some times you think I am a moron and occasionally you think me wise. I just throw a whole bunch out there and some sticks with some and some sticks with others and some strikes nobody. I think maybe that is life in a nutshell. I am just grateful that you give me a reason to continue to write.  Have a great rest of your day and night. I will find time to blog again tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment