Friday, April 10, 2015

My Head's All Full of Nuthin'

Please keep my good friend Dee Simpson in your thoughts today as she is having surgery for an injury caused by a fall. If it is possible to target your good thoughts please aim them toward Hot Springs, Arkansas. Another good friend that is struggling with surgeries of late and could use your good thoughts is another very good friend Delores "Ma" Meyer - aim those good thoughts toward the Montgomery/Oswego, Illinois direction. These are two great ladies who I have written about here. Ironically, I wrote about them both in the same blog one time and now they both need our love. Thanks for whatever you can send their ways!

Last night was exciting in this area - not in a good way for many. There were several tornadoes that touched-down in some of the smaller surrounding towns. As far as I have heard so far there has only been one death associated with the storm. Things I have never thought about like a bunch of dogs found together have been posted on Facebook. I noticed Jeff acting very odd yesterday just before the heavy rain and hail came through our area. I am certain that animals can sense the change in barometric pressure. I am very happy that I did not get to use my Weather Spotter secret number to call in sighting a funnel cloud. I hope never having to use that phone number. The area where one of the tornadoes traveled yesterday was hit when I was a kid living in Rockford. Belvidere, IL was hit hard by a tornado then and I guess it had some problems yesterday too. My dad was born in Belvidere so, as a kid in 1967, that made it seem even scarier. The Summerfield Zoo was damaged in yesterday's tornado. It is a small zoo that houses exotic animals. It kind of reminds me of that film We Bought a Zoo. They are looking for donations to help rebuild many of the shelters. The most damage was to their main building which was completely demolished. A lot of the fences and sheds have been destroyed too. They have a GOFUNDME account set-up for donations if you are so inclined. I do not know anyone there - I just like animals. They have already received about $11,000 of the $20,000 they need.

In about seven hours I will be stuffed into a tube for my MRI. I sure hope they find something. Odds are that they will not find anything in my head. They say it will only last an hour since they are only looking for at my brain. Originally, they said it was going to take three hours but, maybe because my brain is only the size of a pea, they called me and said it would probably only take about an hour now. I hope I don't have flashbacks of birth or something being shoved into that tube. Since I have to pay 15% of whatever they do I am happy that they are just doing the brain today. Does anybody in Canada want to adopt a MIDDLEaged person? I know of one who can be easily adopted. I am nearly 70% house-broken.

We are over a year away from the next Presidential election and I am so sick of all of the rhetoric already. I know it is only going to get worse so I am very excited of being adopted of a nice Canadian family. We are taught that America is supposed to be one of the most civilized nations on the planet. If that is the case, I feel really sorry for all of the other parts of the world. Though I dd not vote in this recent election for the councilpersons and the like I believe I will vote in the Presidential election in October 2016 if I am still alive and mentally capable. Do you have to be "of sound mind" to vote? NeverMIND, I just thought about some of the politicians  that have been elected and I answered my own question. How could a person rhyming with Porge Stubbleview Swoosh have gotten elected if one had to be of sound mind to vote.
Cherokee Nation Chief Wilma Mankiller

I heard that there is a campaign to try to get a woman to replace Andy Jackson on the twenty-dollar bill. It would have to be a younger woman because, in my opinion, Jackson already looks like an old lady on the double sawbuck. It sounds like the top three people being considered so far are: Eleanor Roosevelt, Rosa Parks and Harriet Tubman. All fantastic candidates in my opinion. Ironically, to me anyway, another of the finalists is Cherokee Nation Chief Wilma Mankiller (the fist female Native American Chief). I think maybe she should win just for her name alone (both Wilma and Mankiller) and the symbolism of her replacing a man on the bills. Additionally and ironically (I love irony) she would be replacing the President (Jackson) who signed the "Indian Removal Act" which relocated Native Americans in 1830 when our forefathers wanted their ancestral homelands. The push for the money change is to have the bills replaced in 2020 which will be the 100th anniversary of the Constitutional Amendment guaranteeing women the right to vote. There is a site where you can vote for one of these four women. I am leaning toward Harriet Tubman but I will think about it before casting my ballot. I can make a great case for Eleanor Roosevelt too though a woman of hue (the other three) would be fantastic!

I have to get some things around the house done before I find out my heads all full of stuffin'. Thank you for being here on the last day that I thought I had a brain. I hope you are having a great day - the weather is much better today here in my neck of the MIDDLEwest. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment