Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sometimes I Blog Like a Nut...

Or, maybe, I am just nuts!
Happy Easter to all of my Christian friends. Happy Sunday to all of my non-Christian friends who are reading this on a regular
Sunday. Happy whatever it is you want to have happy for the rest of you.

I woke-up this morning and my back did not hurt. BONUS! They say that sleeping is when the body heals itself and I am happy for the back not hurting but I wish my brain could learn how to prioritize a little better and start with some of the things that, in my non-brain opinion, have been more of a hindrance than my aching back. Maybe, if I see that the brain is doing something, I will cut her some slack and she will quit revolting so we can work together to get some of this stuff ironed-out. Are you paying attention brain? I am ready to work with you to get all of this stuff over-with already. I would have thought that my positive mental attitude would have demonstrated that but maybe, in retrospect, that was you and not me?! So, just as Jesus supposedly pushed aside the giant boulder that blocked his dead body in a cave, I am ready! I thought I was all along but maybe that was just you.

I said I would probably not blog today but I lied again. Sometimes I need the therapeutic properties of writing and the illusion that it helps. It is 0702 right now and we are not having our brunch until 1230. I have to clean the kitchen but that will only take about ten minutes. I am starting to think, more and more, that if I am going to be a prisoner I may as well work one of  my many book ideas. Aren't things supposed to happen for a reason? I know we always look for a romantic reason like destiny or fate but I think that is just our optimistic outlooks as human-beings. I know many who don't share my optimism but that is on them. I rarely see the benefit of being pessimistic. I suppose that makes me a romantic or a dreamer. You may say I'm a dreamer, But I'm not.
I told you badgers were tough - can they beat Blue Devils?
If you were smart and paid attention to the blogs you may be retiring or heading on a fabulous vacation today. On March 29th, in the blog, I said Wisconsin would upset Kentucky in the Final Four of the NCAA basketball tournament. I will wait a moment while you scroll-down to see that I am telling the truth (or, you could just believe me since it would be silly to lie because then I would have lost all blog credibility). The Badgers beat the Wildcats last night 71-64. When I tweeted that same prediction ton March 29 I attached my buddy Norm MacDonald to the tweet to tell him to cut me in when he won on my tip. I will await that check in the mail. Now Wisconsin will play Duke for the National Championship on Tuesday night. So, I will put my streak on the line and say Wisconsin will be the National Champions. I am afraid, unlike my last prediction however, that this one may be based upon sentimentality because of this current positive prognostication. Bettor beware!!!!

I am going to end so I can go take a shower. It takes a little longer right now since I am not supposed to get my marionette stings wet. I hope you have a nice day. In my part of the MIDDLEwest it is sunny right now and it seems like it will be a nice day for Cha Cha to drive Miss Daisy and the gang to brunch. I hope it is nice where you are too. Since tomorrow is Monday there is a good chance (98% for) that I will blog. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment