Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Big Blogger is Watching!

I'm so tingly my body's tinglin'...
I have been pretty busy today which is good though I am just now getting around to blogging. I have been getting a lot done around the house though most of it takes about 30 percent longer than it should. Partly because I am moving kinda slow at the junction and partly because I get distracted with things like blogging and such. I seem to be doing pretty well overall I think. While I was at the store earlier today my entire body fell asleep and I just stood there for a minute or two and it passed. Please don't tell Cha Cha because she will just worry. If it happens again I will tell her. I will know if you tell her - BIG BLOGGER IS WATCHING!  I will tell the doctor about it when I see him next or if it continues. It was not like the other times with the Quantum Leap stuff yet so I am not convinced it is related to my "condition." It probably means something kinda like when your ears ring somebody is supposed to be talking about you. Maybe when your body falls asleep somebody is thinking about you?

I think I slept pretty well last night. The doctor called in some Ambien for me and I took one before bedtime. I had heard the name (Ambien) before and it is a sedative for the short-term treatment of insomnia. I know Jill had some when she was in the hospital. Hers was 5 mg but mine is 10 mg. I must be bigger game than she is so it takes more to bring me down than it does her.

I think the other humans in the house are going to get spoiled by me being around the house. Last night I made a big pot of chicken corn chowder (there are now two medium containers of it in the freezer if you're hungry) and tonight I am going to make lemon garlic shrimp fettuccine (I am using whole wheat pasta so it is a bit healthier). With all that is getting done and all the extra time I get to see Cha Cha I really just want to be well so I can go back to the crappy parts of my life. I don't know why but maybe it's just because that is what we are supposed to do?

It is so odd to watch the Cubs' game on channel 7 (the ABC affiliate in Chicago), They have been on WGN since I remembering watching television back in the 1960's. I kind of like the change but I feel sorry for the people who receive WGN on their televisions in Arizona or Florida or wherever they decide to retire. I bet many people, on retired incomes, will cancel their cable or satellite service now because of this. I am just basing this on my love to guess things without checking facts.

It is now about five hours later than I wrote the previous paragraphs. I got a wild hare on my ass and decided to clean and reorganize the insides of all of the kitchen cupboards. Well, all except two - the spice cupboard and the one housing all of the cookbooks were fine the way they were. Nobody else knows what I moved where but even I, who knows where everything is, will just keep going back to where everything was a few moments ago. I should have waited to do this until it was closer to garbage day because both the recycling and the non-recycling three-foot tall green wheelie things are completely full and the lids don't even close. Apparently, we had a lot of things that we could have lived without.

I was still unable to burn the rest of the leaves today because they are still wet. Now, tomorrow, they are talking about severe weather here in the MIDDLEwest. The news just said that people should start planning their emergency routines. Ummm, go into the basement the same as every other year since I was three-years-old. My main concern is that the WIFI and the satellite television will be out during inclement weather.

It is 1630 now and I have to go shower and then begin cleaning shrimp for dinner. Thanks for hanging-out with me all day (as it turns out). I will try to post the blog earlier tomorrow. Maybe, while the shrimp is getting garlicy and lemony I will start tomorrow's blog tonight. Have a great night and batten down the hatches if weather heads your way. If you haven't got a basement head on over. TTTT (if we have WiFi). I will make sure to have the computers all charged-up just to be prepared. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment