Saturday, April 4, 2015

I Just Want To Be a Real Boy Again

Cha Cha and I watched the third season of Derek on Netflix yesterday. Season one and two were great and season three, which is just one episode long, was great too. It kind of wraps the whole thing up. I am a big fan of Ricky Gervais. Between this, The Office (the original English version), ExtrasThe Ricky Gervais Show and An Idiot Abroad I will pretty much be a fan for life. I know he will do something else and he can count me in.

I heard an old African proverb yesterday that I really like.I think I heard it in Derek. "If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together." Sometimes I like to go fast but, most of the time, I would rather go far. Why can't I go far fast?

Now we are watching The League. I am surprised that Jill likes it too. We are big fans of Nick Kroll but she has never played Fantasy Football (the central character in The League) so she has a lot of questions. I don't mind. I am trying to get her into it so she will play in a league. I know that will NEVER happen. I have not played fantasy football for a couple of season but, if someone is looking for a team owner this season, throw me a line.

All of this convalescing time is making me want to be a movie media  reviewer, I am watching a lot of stuff. I guess I am reviewing things here so that is good enough. I am also getting many things done around the house in between my viewing. I can also review a lot of things on Pandora as I listen to that a lot while I am working on projects.
Tomorrow is Easter. We are going for brunch with: my parents, Fabio and Cha Cha's sister at the crack of 1230. It is 1929 Easter Eve and I am really tired and my back is killing me. Like I don't have enough problems! I really miss being a real boy. I hope I am a real boy again someday. The longer this continues the less and less I think that will happen. I am not depressed but I am slightly whatever is just short of depressed. Hey, how come we celebrate New Year's Eve and Christmas Eve but Easter Eve is never considered? What makes a holiday Eve-worthy? Maybe if a holiday is always on a Sunday it isn't entitled to an Eve? It is guaranteed a weekend already. Or, maybe if it is just on the same day of the week each year it is not offered an Eve. Thanksgiving, which is always on a Thursday, isn't given an Eve either. I call shenanigans!

I have to end. My back is killing me and I am going to take something for that and then maybe lie on the floor and watch more The League episodes. Have a great what little is left of tonight and a nice tomorrow. I will not blog tomorrow (96%). Thank you for coming by. Sorry this was one of my less exciting blogs; at least I gave you some good ideas of things to watch if you are looking for some entertainment, I just hope I have not been inscrutable. TTTMonday...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment