Monday, April 27, 2015

I Learned a New Phrase Today (never stop learning)

I finally have time to blog. I have been very busy today. I went grocery shopping, I got the oil changed in one of the vehicles. I let Fabio take me to lunch - I bought but he drove so I think that means he took me AND I took him, I tried to reschedule my second opinion on my neurology stuff today but that was unsuccessful so far though I had to cancel the one I had scheduled without agreeing on a new appointment yet. I did five loads of laundry (I typically try to do all of the wash on one day per week)... I did more but you get the idea.

On Saturday Cha Cha and I met my first college roommate Spiro for lunch in Elgin at The Walnut Speakeasy. The last time we saw him was at his wedding. We ended up staying at the bar for several hours. It was great talking about old times. I had forgotten (as I do these day) how great those days were. I imagine in twenty years or so I will remember today as one of those great days too. It is funny how time always makes things that seemed like no big deal at the time fantastic. I have to say though that when I was in college I knew that I would look back and be amazed at those days. I had forgotten a lot of the things we talked about like the journalism convention that we attended and we spent the time we should have been going to seminars and workshops and we went to The Checkerdome to watch The St. Louis Blues play hockey. Not Cha Cha - she did not go to the convention and, had she gone, she would have gone to the seminars like she should have. I guess The Checkerdome was actually called St. Louis Arena but everybody called it The Checkerdome. For some reason I think it specifically was known as The Ralston Purina Checkerdome.

While we were at the bar Saturday we watched the Bulls and Blackhawks play-off games. Spiro and I went to a lot of Blackhawks games back in those days too so this seemed very fitting.
I am so excited! Just not EXACTLY what for yet

Jill and I are still working on our cruise itinerary. The one we were sent today included Amsterdam. We are kind of interested in Amsterdam. It is weird that this came back with that location included because Amsterdam was featured on The Amazing Race this past Friday. If we decide on this cruise it will include five countries: Holland, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia and The Netherlands. It is a little more money than we had initially planned but it includes the airfare (business class) and we would have a veranda suite on the barge (I prefer the word ship). All meals and beverages are included. It is with Viking Cruises. I think our travel agent probably gets good kick-back from Viking because he sure does show us a lot of their cruises. I am excited no MATTer where we go.

I am watching Cat Stevens' speech for his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I love him and his heart and his talent and his soul. What a special man.

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird when people "like" their own photos and statuses on Facebook? Does anybody else think that there should be a different plural form of "status" than "statuses?" Shouldn't that be like "stati" or something? If I add a status or a photo it is probably assumed that I "like" it isn't it?

How is Comedy Bang! Bang! still on the air? And, why is it on IFC? The F in IFC stands for Film and this show is not a film. The Spoils of War and now The Spoils Before Dying are films but the first one sucked and the other one, which has not been aired yet, will suck too. Guaranteed! Maybe IFC is the problem! Just their original programming though. Sorry, I had that bee in my bonnet.
What's his name again?

I am still getting up at 0300ish every day. Now I wake-up at 0100ish for awhile and then go back  to sleep until about 0200 and sleep until 0300. I sure hope my insurance approves the second half of my sleep study soon. If not I hope I get worse so Cha Cha can sue and be set for life. I hope, if that happens, it happens after the cruise though. Given the two choices I would prefer both halves of the study get approved.

I could not remember Oliver Platt's name for the life of me a couple of days ago. So, I think my Google Effect is acting up again. I have been having a few health issues like before but nothing quite like before yet. I am watching it very closely, however, because it started small and got bigger last time too.

It is funny that all one would need to screw with our medical appointments and get our medicine and things is to check our birth date on Facebook. That is the one thing that all of the places that I deal with medically ever ask me. How about using my Social Security number since that is a bit harder to find?

While I was waiting for the oil to be changed on the JEEP I listened to a lady talking to the owner of the car dealership cough and cough. She was in the dealership looking to get a car. It turned-out that she lost everything in the recent tornado that ripped through a few towns just west and north of my MIDDLEwestern town. I  guess that everybody from her town is sick. She said it is called "tornado cough." It comes from all of the dust and debris flying around getting inhaled. I surmise that it is similar to black lung that coal miners get from inhaling coal dust for many years. I had never heard of tornado cough before. Fortunately, I assume, tornado cough will pass a lot quicker than black lung. I learn so much by not being shy. Without my lack of shyness we probably would not have the back door of the garage right now. I remember the day I went across and talked to the guy installing the door over there. Cha Cha said, "I am so glad I married a guy who is not shy." I bet there are many times she has thought, "I wish I had married a guy who was shy."

Sorry this is so late. I think it will be earlier tomorrow. Thank you for putting the brakes on for a bit. You can now resume your unregularly scheduled day. Have a great night. I am going to go fold towels and make a tomato/shallot/spinach/quinoa/dry white wine dish for dinner. My guess is that Cha Cha will love it and Fabio will not even try it. TTTT (probably earlier than today)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment