Saturday, April 18, 2015

Evryday I'm Buggtusslin' Tusslin'

Wow, yesreday was a long day. I have no idea why it took us 14 hours to get from DeKalb, IL to Bugtussle, Tennesee. Some people call it Gatlinburg I call it Bugtussle. I think that I could have been anywhere in the world in 14 hours by plane. Chicago to Hong Kong is only 15 1/2 hours and that includes much more comfort. I remember (sort of) driving from home to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in only nine hours. We stopped to eat a couple of times (sit-down food) so that sucked some time. We have a beautiful, huge deck (don't get deck envy now) off of our bedroom and I can see why they call these the Smoky Mountains. The fog (they call it Ocean Layer if you are in a coastal town) looks like smoke rising above the trees. Who knows, maybe there is a forest fire and I am just a moron. I know half of that statement is true.

I am still sad that I am going to potentially lose, at least a portion of, my mind; that is the only good part about me and many people would debate whether my mind is even worth a hoot. I can tell that Cha Cha is really sad and that is probably the worst part of this for me. She deserves better. I have told her several times that if I get bad that I want her to just put me in the booby hatch. I have always been a booby man anyway so it seems fitting. I won't know the difference anyway. I do not want to make the blog about this every day so I will just say a few things each blog maybe. Probably a little every day.

When we arrived here Cha Cha  and her sister went in while I waited in the car. They were taking a really long time and I kept moving the car so people could get through the turn-about. The ladies were just standing at the check-in desk talking to this same lady and then a guy would come over and join in. I figured something was awry with our reservation so, after 20 minutes or so, I decided to go in and be The Enforcer. I am told that I am better under pressure and that I have a tenasious way about me. Jill has even told me that when I get angry my eyes become competely black (not the whites though). I just comes down to "nobody puts Cha Cha in a corner." It makes sense that I am that way since dogs, who I seem to have many traits with, are the same way. They are loveable and playful but mess with their pups or take their bone and see what happens. Anyway, I marched in and just stood back and listened while planning my attack and it turned-out that these people (at least these two) were just blabber-mouths. Maybe that is the southern hospitality. I am glad that I observe, assess andplan before I attack.
I saw the trailer for the new Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens, coming out near Christmas. It looks really good, of course. I may have to watch all the other movies again (I am pretty sure we have them all in one form or another) just so I can remember what is going on. There is so much time between films and A LOT has happened in that time in the current real world (not a long time ago in a galaxy far far away). And, of course, the long awaited sequel to Joe Dirt, appropriately entitled Joe Dirt 2, will be streaming on Crackle this summer. I may have to miss that one.

I guess we are going to spend most of the day today in Knoxville. Jill's sister is a big University of Tennessee fan. Working at a university I am not overly excited but, as I have said, I am just along for the ride. I am like the toilet dispenser of the trip. I am not necessary but I am handy to have once in awhile. I am the eye-candy. I hope you like sour balls.

I have to end so I can take a shower and get dressed. I may blog again tonight and post tomorrow before we head-out and post it early (though it is Sunday and I may not blog at all). I think we may go home a different route tomorrow so we can stop and see Splenda on the way north. Of course, she is worried about me too. Thanks for being here; I appreciate you so much. TTTT (or Monday) ...MITM (out of...) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment