Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Post Labor Day Hissy-Fit Blog!

As Bill Clinton gets older I am not sure if he looks like an old lady or one of our founding fathers. He kind of looks like my grandma Helser before she died. I have always liked Clinton and nothing that he has done or been accused for having done has made me dislike him. I do not condone some of the things that he has done but that can probably be said for everybody I know. Conversely, I am sure everybody who knows me probably has at least one thing about me that they don't appreciate about me. Imagine all of the things I don't condone about me since I know almost everything about me. That makes me think (sometimes I do that)... do we all know everything about ourselves? I am sure there are things about me that I would be surprised to learn.

I am sorry for the hissy-fit on the last blog on Labor Day. I had poured a lot of time into making that a perfect blog and then it disappeared just as if it had fallen into a black hole. It makes me think that maybe Jerry Lewis controls the dark side since a  lot of it was talking about what I think of him.

We mentioned Michael Clarke Duncan dying on Dirty Laundry Podcast briefly but not a whole lot. He died over the weekend at the age of 54. I was really surprised to hear that and I was greatly saddened. He seemed like a really good guy and I loved his work. The Green Mile, for which he was nominated for an Academy Award, was really good and it was mainly because of his performance. Another of my favorite actors, Barry Pepper, was in that too. Tom Hanks isn't too shabby either. Duncan was also in: Sin City, Armageddon and Planet of the Apes. I liked every one of these movies. I was really surprised that he had been dating Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth who is most well-known from being a total beotch on The Apprentice. Supposedly they were planning to get married next year. I guess Duncan had been in the hospital for about seven weeks since he had a heart attack. Apparently, Omarosa saved his life when he had the heart attack and he lived another seven weeks. I guess he had recently completed two other movies that will be coming out soon. Stars truly do live on don't they?
I never played in this league

The NFL season begins tonight and this will be the first year that I can remember (at least ten years) that I will not be playing fantasy football. I wonder if I will watch near as much football this season. I am almost positive I will not watch even one-third as much as I have in previous years. I am actually relieved though a bit disappointed too. I have played fantasy football, fantasy baseball and fantasy golf. Do you believe that they have fantasy golf? That was REALLY boring. I had more fun playing in death pools than I did playing fantasy golf.

I did not sleep well last night. I normally take Benadryl when I go to bed because I get stuffed-up during the night. I probably have allergies but maybe my body has gotten to like the crutch. This is probably how Elvis got started though I think I have already out-lived The King! I just checked and, yes I have outlived Elvis. Hot Damn Tamale Baby! Anyway, I woke up at 3:00AM and, thankfully, this is my Sunday so it doesn't MATTer. I laid there (lied there, actually) and then got up and edited the podcast which is why it was up so early this morning (just like me). I can take a nap if I want to and I think I am going to want to. It is laundry day but that does most of the work on it's own. Right now I am doing the sheets and pillow cases and stuff. I have already done three loads of colors and will do the whites next followed by towels. I always do towels after whites because I am worried that there will still be some bleach in the washer and it will ruin the clothes. It doesn't MATTer if the towels get bleached a bit. It has never happened but I am pretty much a worry-wart!

I asked for September 15th off of work to go to the wine festival thingy at Starved Rock. Cha Cha and I went a couple of years ago and it was fun. It's the day after my birthday and it had better not be a surprise party because I would not like that. First, I am too nosy and observant to be surprised and if I were surprised I would be disappointed in myself for letting it happen. Not to mention that birthdays are stupid. There great when you're a kid but I imagine it was retailers that decided that we should celebrate them. Or, maybe bakeries or wax companies or Hallmark (don't get me started on cards).


I had better end now because I listened to the podcast while I wrote this and it is ending so I have been writing this for over an hour and I have laundry to do, a book to read, a nap to take and many other duties to perform. Have a great day (Hump Day for you, end of the weekend for me). Thanks a lot for stopping by. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment