Saturday, September 8, 2012

Blogger Than You and You Are Not Me!

Good morning (3:20PM is my morning on certain days). It's a beautiful Autumn day in the MIDDLEwest. It's 72 degrees right now and supposedly it will get down to around 45 tonight; I love it. The smell of the fresh air with the windows open.

I just read that R.E.M., the band from Athens, Georgia not the eyeball movement while you sleep, has send a cease and desist letter to Fox News to tell them to stop playing Losing My Religion during its coverage of the Democratic National Convention. Michael Stipe has spoken out against the news network (just like The National Enquirer is a newspaper) saying, "We have little or no respect for their puff adder brand of reportage. Our music does not belong there." That is all they get for playing their music without permission? That makes me think that we can start playing whatever music we want on Dirty Laundry Podcast without permission? I would even frame the cease and desist letters. Wait, I bet Fox paid for the rights to use the music but R.E.M. just doesn't like it used in the manner which they are using it. I have always loved R.E.M.. I even saw then in college when they appeared at a very small venue and I didn't really know who they were at the time. Anybody who knows anything about the band can probably guess that they would be anti-Fox News. I would be my next big toe that they are Democratic too.

I actually love "discovering" new music and playing the songs on the podcast. Small acts need some exposure and bands like R.E.M. seem to being doing okay without our help.

My mind is empty. I cannot think of anything to write. It's kind of a nice feeling. Maybe I should go outside and while away some hours conferring with the flowers. I have things in there but they are things that you wouldn't be interested in because most of them are even boring me. I haven't been bored in so long I forgot how nice it feels. I have plenty of things that I could and should do but why? Once you start doing things more things rise that need to be done. I wish I had off work tonight because I feel like drinking a couple of pitchers of mattgaritas. Next Saturday, the real Saturday and not just my Saturday, we are going to Starved Rock in Utica, Il to the Vintage Illinois Wine Festival. We went a couple of years ago and had a good time. The photo that I put on here from time to time with my ugly mug between two wine glasses was from that day. Last time I tried Mead for the first time; that's what Friar Tuck drank. Come on down and join us...nobody likes to drink alone. Okay, I like to drink alone but that is just something they say.
Vintage Illinois Wine Festival 2010 

I think I am going to read my book for awhile and maybe outline a bit of the novel I am writing; the Autumn weather inspires me. I REALLY, REALLY hope it's like this next Saturday. I have always found that I look better when it's cooler outside (I look better the more of me that is covered up). Have a great day and depending on things I may blog again tomorrow. Seriously, make plans to come drink wine all day with us next Saturday. TTTT (80%)...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment