Monday, September 10, 2012

Hail Blogger, Hail Blogger!!!!

I read yesterday that Morgan Freeman had died but then I didn't read about it in any credible place and then I read today that it was a hoax. I am happy that it is a hoax as I like him a great deal and selfishly want him to entertain me more. What fun do people get out of starting these hoaxes? Maybe it's actually agents starting these rumors so some idiot in the MIDDLEwest writes a blurb about your client in their blog and their client stays in the public eye? How do I get a death hoax started for the podcast or the blog? I don't mean the podcast or the blog themselves as they are always on the verge of death but the hoax of my death so people read the blog and listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast. Then, why do I care if people hear what I blog about or what we podcast about? Am I sad because all of the money I spent for a college education is wasted on a communications background if I don't utilize it? Use it or lose it? I really like doing the podcast and blogging and maybe deep down slightly down just below the surface I wish one of the two would go viral so I could just do that for a living. I am quite sure that will never happen but a girl can dream. Bottom line... I am thankful that Morgan Freeman is still with us.

I am still working with our automobile insurance on Splenda's car accident. It has been about three weeks? Maybe they are dragging their feet because they brought a slight bit of The Agitator in me out two weeks ago and I threw-out a couple of swear words in the insurance industry - Geico and Progressive. What do I need an insurance agent when I have to make all of these phone calls anyway? They don't call me back like they promise and everybody is either "out of the office until Thursday" or "on vacation" or "won't be back until after the holiday?" I may seriously have to make a few decisions once this is all wrapped-up; a lot depends on the outcome but they had better have a really big final two minutes to make a comeback in this one. I understand the whole idea for mandatory auto insurance but I know it was the insurance company lobbying groups that pushed this through because if it weren't a law people wouldn't pay for this abuse.

There must be a lot of money in talk shows because there are at least a dozen new ones that just staryed: Katie Couric, Jeff Probst, Bullwinkle J. Moose... One of those I made up, I think, though I wouldn't be surprised that he would get his soon. Boris and Natasha would be great guests.

I am really tired. I woke up earlier than usual so I could deal with this issue and the issue is now dealing with me again. I will probably go back to sleep for a little bit after I finish the blog and make dinner for the gang (can three be a gang?). Tonight is my Friday and, for some reason, that always means not having to have as much sleep to make it through work. Isn't that odd? That is proof that everything is about 90% attitude. Good news from work last night...I got my request for this coming Saturday (the real Saturday) off so I can go to the Vintage Illinois wine festival thingy near Starved Rock. I could tell you why it's called Starved Rock but you probably don't care. If you want to know tell me and I will write about it but it would probably just be easier to Google it which is why the art of storytelling is dying. When technology eventually betrays us and tries to take-over we storytellers will be king/queen. I am not a very big wine drinker but Cha Cha likes it so I go. Maybe she likes me because I am a good designated driver; everybody needs a purpose in life.

I think I had better start dinner even though it is not even 15 bells yet but I am sleepy. I think I will go and visit my mom and dad tomorrow and stop by Portillo's in Oswego for a grilled tuna Caesar salad. I am surprised that Caesar was such a big salad eater. I wonder which Caesar it was. I bet it was Marcus Aurelius. No, it was probably named after Julius Caesar...everything Caesar-related seems to be named after him; he must have been a self-indulgent Caesar. Wasn't July named for him? The Caesarean Section? Why was that one named after him?

Splenda just called me, literally JUST CALLED ME, and her bike was stolen. She had it chained and locked at the mall where she works while not at school and somebody cut the chain and stole her bike. It's hard being a dad sometimes when your daughter is six hours away. It seems like a really big thing to her, and it kind of is, but she wasn't hurt, thankfully, and sometimes things like this need to happen to good people so they are reminded that there are people out there that aren't nice like them and don't always do the right things. So, now she doesn't have a car (temporarily) and she is walking to buy a new bike and lock now. She reported it to the police but that was probably a waste of time...but maybe not?

I gotta go now so I can make spaghetti and get to sleep. That was the name of my third album, "Spaghetti & Sleep." You might have heard of it...it's a household name. Have a great Tuesnight (probably somehow named for Julius Caesar). Thank you for letting me feel like my writing makes a difference. TTTT...MITM (out).

No comments:

Post a Comment