Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Bet Editing Lives Would Go Over Big!

I am done with the podcast for this week and it's time to blog. It took me four hours to edit and upload Dirty Laundry Podcast. This is the first time that I actually paid attention to the time it took to edit the show. It only takes an hour to record it and four to edit it. I bet it's the same in anything: movies, television, music... Maybe even in publishing? That's one great thing about the blog; I write it and hit "publish" and there it is. I reread it sometimes and find that I should have spent a little more time in the editing but it is more personal with the misspellings and grammatical errors I think. At least that's what I tell myself. I was an editor for the paper in college and I keep returning to editing - maybe it is destiny (density as George McFly would call it). The other thing about the podcast is that it's in my mind almost all of the time - obsess much? I just learned that we will have DLP Music Director Eric Solfisburg on the show next week...I am excited. Then the first show of October we will have Forest Sun on the show debuting his new album Just Begun (we already played the title cut last week and it isn't even on his website yet). Wouldn't it be cool if we could edit parts of our lives? I wouldn't edit any of the big things but would change a lot of little things probably.

What in the Hell is going on in the world? I imagine it's global warming but, tornadoes in New York City? Flooding in Las Vegas? The hurricane in Louisiana and the earthquakes in California are to be expected I suppose. The drought and then the chilly weather in the MIDDLEwest? I am sure if I weren't so lazy I could find many more weird anomalies in the world but these come right to mind.

This week I work Thursday and Friday and the I have Saturday off and then I work Sunday and Monday and then two days off again. It's like a weekend, a two day week, a one day weekend, a two day week and then a weekend. Saturday I took off to go to the Vintage Illinois wine festival. Cha Cha really loves it and I had fun when we went there a couple of years ago so I am looking forward to it too. I cannot believe the month is almost half over already. I have a certificate for eight people to see a movie at Hollywood Palms that I have to use by the end of the month and I have a $100 gift card that I have to use at Morton's: The Steakhouse before the end of the month. I don't HAVE TO use them but they are not valid once the calendar turns to October. You don't suppose they all know that I blog and have a podcast and are looking for free pub do you? I am a sucker for freebies.
This may be the Komodo Messiah

I just read that virgin births are not uncommon in the animal kingdom. There are known cases of virgin births in: sharks, chickens, turkeys, komodo dragons, pit vipers and boa constrictors, Does this mean that these animals also have messiahs? Are there Virgin Mary snakes?

I am tired of being sick. I have been on the verge of being ill for about three weeks. It may be allergies but whatever it is I am sick of it. I am tired of being sick and sick of being tired. The tired part is probably not going to change while I work night which may never end. I am tired right now as a MATTer of fact. I think I am gonna take a nap. My body is used to being asleep right now and a body wants what a body wants.

 Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Wednesday afternoon and Wedsnight. Tomorrow I will be able to commit more time to the blog since I won't have a podcast to edit. I hope we stay weekly so I don't have to edit every day. It's hard enough to get people to listen once a week can you imagine every day? Me neither. TTTT...MITM (land of nod visit ahead). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment