Friday, September 7, 2012

MITM - 1986 Electoral College Graduate

My hope is maybe she just doesn't want to be found
Howdy! It sounds like Autumn has returned to the MIDDLEwest for a few days; I could not be happier about that. I love cooler weather and the rain is just an added schwing for me. I have to get a nap in here before work tonight but I know I promised to blog so here it is. I need to finish this in like twenty minutes to make it worth while.

I was not surprised that Drew Petersen was found guilty for the murder of one of his dead wives (Kathleen Savio). This is the wife that they actually have a body for. I watched the news right after the verdict came in and they talked to Savio's family and I think maybe they should have had a family spokesperson. The brother had a T-shirt and sweatpants on and the mother talked about Petersen "smoking a cigar with the man in the red suit downstairs" or something like that. I felt like I was watching Saturday Night Live or Jerry Springer. And some of the people in the crowd who had been waiting to hear the verdict made the family look like The Kardashians (wardrobe-wise anyway). I have seen a lot of Drew Petersen since we live in the Chicagoland area and knew he was white trash (Rob Lowe didn't exaggerate the role when he played him) so I wasn't surprised. The thing that always amazed me about the whole thing was that, even when he was suspected of these murders and he had a wife that was missing, he was able to pick-up young pretty women and get them to date him and, in some cases, marry him. I always try not to pigeonhole but I don't have very much hope for the town of Bolingbrook, Illinois. I have known many people from Bolingbrook but they must have been transplanted from other places because they were not Drewish at all. Maybe Stacey Petersen really isn't dead; maybe she just disappeared...I am pretty sure that's the avenue I would have taken.

Before I left for work last night I watched about three hours of the Democratic National Convention. I have always said, several times on Dirty Laundry Podcast even, that I do not consider myself a Democrat. I honestly listen to each candidate and make my choice based on what they say and, more so, what they do and have done to prove their character in the past. There is not question that I will vote Democratic, Presidentially, in the upcoming election. I voted for Obama in 2008 and I think he has done an amazing job for the past four years. He saved the American automobile industry and he got rid of one of the biggest threats to the people of the world, Osama Bin Laden. One of the funniest things I heard last night was that "D is for drive (Democrat) and R is for Reverse (Republican)." That is very true in recent years. Also, watching both conventions, I saw that the R's were about 98% old whiteys and the D's were 98% diverse. I am probably verging on an old whitey buy I love diversity. I also love food and without diversity all we would get to eat were hamburgers and hot dogs (or are they German too?). No tacos, stir fry, margaritas, gyros, sushi, guacamole, salsa, spaghetti, margaritas, brats, french fries (freedom fries), crepes, margaritas, Swiss cheese... you've got the picture.
Seven years of electoral college down the drain
Do you know what I hate about election years? The Electoral College. We can file our income taxes on-line now, we can order medicine on-line, we pay our bills on-line, we order license plates on-line, we can buy a house on-line now but they cannot count each one of our votes individually? I understand that we would still have to go to a voting place to make sure the people who are voting are the people they say they are but why can't we vote and have each individual vote be tallied? I tried to apply to Electoral College so my vote would count but I was denied admittance. I think I want to design T-shirts with a logo and everything for Electoral College. Was it established in 1776? We don't have on-line courses at Electoral College though. I have always been very leery of this process.

Well, it's 5:28 so my hopes of napping by 5PM are pretty much shot. I will try for 5:45 now. Thanks a lot for letting me get on my soap box about a few things today. I hope you have a great weekend while I am enjoying my Tuesday and Wednesday. I may blog again tomorrow. If I do remind me to tell you how we may have the original Jason Voorhees on the podcast. I don't really have the art of suspense down quite yet do I? TTTT (probably)...MITM (out like a light - hopefully). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment