Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Change is a Comin'!!!!

I had the time of my life today. I cleaned out our shower. We have "basically" cleaned it regularly but there was some rust build-up from before we got the water softener and we haven't gotten the rust off from the hard water. It wasn't that hard of a job, just time-consuming. According to the voices in my head there should be no more rust in the shower because we now have soft water. We'll see how that works out.

Last night we had a great time with Eric Solfisburg (Dirty Laundry Podcast's Music Director) and John Allen (from John Allen & The Cotton Gin fame) on Dirty Laundry Podcast. It was one of the best shows we have done in quite some time; not that we have done any bad shows but this one was particularly good I think. John showed that he is an amazing musician with a lot of knowledge of music history but he is kind of like the Schoolhouse Rock version of music history. He tells a story and then plays a song or a little ditty to further demonstrate what he is talking about. It was an honor having two such great musicians as our first guests in the new Kajunkles Studio! We will be playing John's music off-and-on for quite awhile. And, of course, we will play Eric's music nearly every week (his theme songs for DLP are awesome and the back-beat of the show).

I took a break there, sorry. Dinner was done and I hadn't eaten at all today so thought I should eat. I made pork chops for the other humans in here and I don't eat swine so I had Tilapia. I also baked some potatoes (with sea salt on the outside) and made my cilantro corn. It was more of a succotash this time though because I put some black beans and onions and green onion too this time. I think succotash was invented to get rid of veggies before they went bad.  Maybe it was really like a corn salsa without the chips?  

It feels like November out and it isn't even October yet. I wonder if we'll still have to carve pumpkins this year? It's the time of year that we have to decorate the house all the time. Put away all of the summer stuff and get out all of the Thanksgiving and Halloween and Christmas crap. It would be so nice to live in a climate that is the same all year 'round so we could keep all of the same stuff in the yard. Gotta put away the hoses and get down the snow blower and bury the lawnmower in the back of the garage and put away all of the hammocks and patio furniture... we're a bunch of morons. Why did my ancestors settle in the MIDDLEwest? I think I am just cranky because I usually love living where we do. Maybe I am cranky because I have seasonal allergies that have been driving me cuckoo bananas for a couple of months now. If we lived somewhere else I may not have the allergy problem.... thanks a lot ancestors!

While I did the grocery shopping today I stopped by the C.O.P.S. store and bought a new duty belt. I am not really sure what C.O.P.S. stands for but I just looked it up on the web and the store is actually called C.O.P.S., Inc. but it does not say what it stands for. They sell what you may imagine they do (police and fire and emergency equipment). I doubt they will ever get held-up since both of the dudes behind the counter were packin' heat. Is that even a phrase that's used anymore? I hear "packin'" sometimes but you never hear the heat part anymore... the heat is the best part. If I ask you if you're packin' maybe I am just wondering if you're going on vacation. Anyway, it's a small store but it's pretty cool...even for a liberal like me.

Okay, Survivor: Philippines is starting. Fabio and I have been watching Survivor since he was able to see. I don't know why we like it but we do. Maybe it's the bikinis that the women wear? Maybe it's the feeling of superiority that the show gives us? I wanted to talk about divorce but time is up. If I remember I will discuss that tomorrow (what a tease). Anyway, TTTT...MITM (out until probably tomorrow). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment