Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy Hispanic Alzheimer's Awareness Month Day!

I just woke up and I am ready for a nap. I actually will take a nap in a couple of hours before I go to work.
I even got the name wrong

Today is national Alzheimer's Awareness Day; that seems kind of cruel to me. It's also Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 - October 15). It's a special time if you're Hispanic with Alzheimer's. I am having a very hard time not making fun because I am sure people who have loved ones with Alzheimer's disease have a difficult time of it but for the people who have the disease it has to be kind of nice even though they don't know it. How refreshing would it be to be able to do or say whatever you wanted and people wouldn't get mad at you? How great would it be to not to have to worry about anything? If I get Alzheimer's do not feel sorry for me. The thing I would hate about it would be when people called it Old-Timers or All-Timers... Cha Cha's mom called it Elm Heimers. That's cruel naming a disease that is about mental breakdown something that even many people with 80% of their faculties cannot pronounce. They say memory-loss is one of the early signs of the disease but that makes it tricky because that's one of the first signs of old-age too. I am not really sure if I am getting old or I have Elm Heimers (maybe Old-Timers makes the most sense);maybe I have both? Alzheimer's was named for Dr. Alois Alzheimer who "discovered" it in 1906. It would have been better to call it Alois Disease. Many people cannot even pronounce my last name (Helser) so how do we expect them to pronounce Alzheimer?

The Prime-Time Emmy Awards are tonight. It's awesome that we can honor people who make millions of dollars doing something that they love to do. Is it just me or is this ridiculous? I think I have made it abundantly clear over the blogging years that award shows and all-star games and the like for people who get their butts kissed every day of their lives are crazy. I have railed on this many times so I will just leave it at that. I hope Breaking Amish wins something! Not really, I have never seen the show but the title cracks me up.

Maybe I was better-off not blogging today...I appear to be in some kind of a mood that I was unaware I was in until I started blogging. Maybe I have Blogheimer's.

What is the definition to the word "emergency" to you? When would you call 911? Obvious things like: someone requiring immediate medical attention, someone trying to break into your home, a missing family member, a fire... A 56-year-old man in Florida must have thought he was dying of thirst because he called 911 because his daughter wouldn't get him a beer. When the police arrived he changed his story and told the police officers that his daughter was hitting him and throwing stuff at him and using drugs. Smart daughter had recorded the entire conversation on her mobile phone and none of that happened and the man was arrested. Now he'll have to ask a guard if he wants a beer.

I have to go play Risk with Fabio. He played it at a party last night and he likes the game. He was surprised when he told me about it and I said, "I think we have the game on the game shelf downstairs" and he went down and there it was! It is a LONG game but I told him I have to take a nap so we are gonna start and play for awhile but it takes as long as Monopoly so we will leave it set up and continue it later. I will probably play for an hour-and-a-half or so.

Thanks for stopping by and if you have a loved-one who has Alzheimer's I am sorry if I offended you but I sincerely think that they are not suffering if they don't know what is going on...I mean no disrespect. At least I made it "aware" on "awareness day." TTTT..MITM (out to take over the world in RISK) Ta!


No comments:

Post a Comment