Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nudity and Dog Poop!

I am tired of all of the time-outs during NFL games. The automatic reviews of touchdowns... are all so they can stretch the games longer and get more commercials scheduled and so the people at the games get hungry and thirsty and have to go spend more money too. Money, money, money. Since the invention of the DVR (digital video recorder) I suppose they have to do stuff like this; they know most people aren't going to record a football game. Now, as I blog this, there is an "injury time-out" and they went to commercial during the Jets - Steelers' game. What ever happened to dragging the guy to the sidelines and keeping the game going? ARRRGGGHHHH!
Some dogs are more considerate than their walkers

Yesterday I drank about 15 glasses of wine and didn't even get a buzz. We went to the Vintage Illinois wine festival and the "glasses" of wine were probably about three inches of wine each so I guess technically they weren't "glasses" of wine but they were in a glass so technically they were. Who knew there were so many technicalities in wine-tasting. It was a fun day. We got to see a horse poop near us and then a dude was walking with his dog and the dog stopped to poop and the dude and the dog just walked away. People all around him, including us, started booing and people were yelling "clean it up, clean it up..." Who ever knew wine drinkers knew chants? Anyway the dud walked away and didn't look back. Eventually, he came back with another guy and the pooping dog and he cleaned it up. The poopy guard who came with him took the bag of poop and went north and the man with the pooping dog went south. This guys sole purpose was to take the poop and dispose of it somewhere. I wonder what a job like that pays? We bought three bottles of wine in addition to all of the glasses we drank. We got a cranberry wine and a red wine or some kind and a mead (that's the stuff Friar Tuck made from bees' honey) called Pirates Blood. It is a sweet wine but has chili peppers in it so it's also hot/spicy. I may not have bought that one, even though I liked it, but it came in a bottle shaped like a glass skull...they had me at peppers and skull.

My six month probation at work ends today. I am not sure if it ended at midnight on the morning of the 16th (this morning) or it ends tonight at midnight which will be the 17th or it ends at the end of my shift tonight/in the morning. I guess it doesn't MATTer and it will come and go (unless it has already come and gone) and I won't feel any different. The probationary period doesn't really mean anything to me because my behavior will not change from when it is/was during my probation to when I am out of probation. I always do my best to do a good job and I will always will. It would MATTer if it meant more money but it doesn't.

Kate MIDDLEton (the princess or duchess or lady or whatever she is called) had some photos of her bathing nude at a friend's chalet taken by paparazzi. They were published in French and Italian newspapers. So, the Royal Family had their lawyers try to stop further publishing and now one of the papers is going to have a 26-page spread of photos tomorrow at the newsstands. I am sure these newspapers are really sad by the Royal Family doing all of their promotion for them. Sales will be incredible because such a big deal is being made of this. Maybe the Royals have stock in the companies that publish these papers?

I just heard a quote that I really like. James Carville said, "Pennsylvania is Pittsburgh on one side and Pennsylvania on the other and Alabama in between."

I have to get some dinner and get ready to go to my two hours of probation and six hours of post-probation or eight hours of post probation or my last eight hours of probation... Tomorrow night will definitely be eight hours of post-probation. Have a great night and thanks for stopping in. If you haven't listened to Dirty Laundry Podcast check it out...great for bedtime...always puts me to sleep. TTTT...MITM (probationary out!) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment