Saturday, September 22, 2012

I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won!

I just got done mowing the lawn for probably the last time this year while engaging in hand-to-hand combat; more like arm-to-branch combat. Let's just say that I am bleeding a great deal and the tree that too the first punch is still standing swaying in the breeze looking in the window laughing at me. It's the better person/tree who could easily go out there and end his life with about an hour of sawing turns the other scratched-up bleeding arm.

While I was mowing I was listening to Pandora. I love Pandora as you know if you listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast. If you haven't checked it out you need to check out Pandora is you like music. It's free or you can pay if you want to eliminate the occasional commercial. I am cheap and if I can get it free I will. I began listening to my AC/DC station and then that station played a Van Halen song so I quickly added a Van Halen station while still mowing. It was funny because right after Hot For Teacher the station played For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) by AC/DC. That's what I love about it...it knows what you like and customizes your stations based on your likes. You know, Eddie Van Halen is always called a great guitar player but Alex Van Halen is a pretty good drummer too. I think I heard that when they began playing music Alex played guitar and Eddie was a drummer. I think I heard that or I imagined it or something.

I am glad that trees are not made of steel and can not rust because I think if they were I would need a tetanus shot. What can you get from a cut from a tree? Dutch Elm Disease or Aphids or something?
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Rises

I just got an email that said the Apple IPhone 5 is available. I will wait until next year until I can get the 6,7,8,9,10 or 11. Not really, I am tired of them trying to tell us what we need. I have what I need and I don't need a new one. I am waiting for the day that we decide to go back to rotary phones because someone told us that is what we need now. Can you imagine a rotary cell phone?

I watched last week's Saturday Night Live on Hulu last night. I laughed so hard a few times that I actually had tears running down my cheeks. I have great hopes for this new cast. I am not a big Seth MacFarlane fan but he was pretty funny. I must be one of the only people in the world who abhors Family Guy. I also never liked American Dad! He was writer on Johnny Bravo though which I thought was very funny. Tonight the guest host on SNL if Joseph Gordon-Levitt; he's a good actor and he is getting a lot of work right now including Dark Knight Rises.

I hear outside a lawnmower humming. I think I guilted someone else into mowing their yard or a wife/mother to yell at her son/husband into mowing. Hey isn't today the start of Autumn? I love Autumn. I even like the term Autumnal Equinox. Fall is my favorite season I believe. Spring is pretty good too. It may be a tie.

Have a super Wedsnight Saturnight and enjoy the equinox (isn't that a great word?) I appreciate you mucho. Mucho Appreciado!!! I don't know if I will blog tomorrow but even if I don't I will be blogging in my mind. TTT????...MITM OUT! Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment