Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Last Temptation of Matt In The Middle

America, What A Country!
I couldn't just leave my last blog from earlier today as it was but I was tempted. The last temptation of Matt. I am going to make this one brief too though. While I was searching YouTube for a video to celebrate that I can do whatever I want with my blog I was searching "Yakov Smirnoff / What a Country" (you MIDDLER-AGERS remember him) and found this video that seems to be blatant false advertisement (sure, get the former commie to sell your lies). I want my two more octanes damn it! Maybe that's what they were disposing of in The Gulf (burning the octane evidence).

Today is my little brother's birthday. I really, really. really, really wish I could be with him today. Not just because he lives in Hawaii with perfect weather every day surrounded by beautiful, mostly naked, tanned women who smell like Hawaiian Tropics (literally) and great seafood straight from the ocean (ask any mermaid you happen to see) and pineapples and coconuts fresh from the trees; I love singing happy birthday and I am a pyro (as you blog-faithful know) so I love lighting candles! Happy birthday little buddy!!!!

Starring Matt In The Middle Wollery
Sugar Momma and I went to dinner with the same people that we went out with last weekend but we added one person in an attempt at a Love Connection! (see last saturday's blog for major players) We went to Old Town Pub and Eatery in Wasco/Campton Hills. I had fun and I think everybody had a good time. I don't know if there was a love connection but they seemed to like one another and we'll see what happens. On the way home we swung by a house that goes a little "merry" with the Christmas lights in Elburn (42W891 Beith Rd.) The line of cars to the house was very very long (TWSS) and we didn't feel like waiting so we only saw it from a distance. We will go back later this week with the kids to see the show. (click <--- there for a taste)

The Senate voted Saturday to end the 17-year ban on openly gay troops (soldiers) known as "don't ask, don't tell." I think this is another step toward our country's founding beliefs that we are all created equal. I chose to leave the word "men" out of that last sentence because "men," to me in this instance, means "people." I am a little prouder to be American for the second or third time this year. I found this video that I think it's funny and sort of touches on (TWSS) this (okay not very much) and I love Craig Ferguson; the later late-night shows have almost always been better because of the lightened censor scrutiny.

Tonight we are going to a Christmas party at my friend John's house (his second annual). It sounds like this is a wild one but Sugar Momma and I cannot be too wild or stay too late tonight; she has surgery in the morning (11:30 for those who like to pray). Mondays suck already so what's better than getting the surgery done on the suckiest day of the week and getting all the junky junk done in one day? On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me seven hours of surgery recovery, six magazines read, five hours of waiting room television, four coughing old people, three hot nurses, two worried kids and a BIG REASON TO LIKE OUR INSURANCE!!!!!!

I am practicing blogger-restraint and ending this one now; though it's the second one of the day. Five days until a new hilarious, in my warped opinion, holiday tradition begins in our home; I am already teasing my Christmas morning blog. Also, I have a blog interview scheduled with Santa Claus...yes, THE Santa Claus, on December 22nd. If you or your kids or your nieces/nephews or your neighbor kids...have anything you want me to ask Mr. Claus please let me know either here or at mattgarita@msn.com and I will ask...this IS REALLY going to happen and I would love to have your questions. TTTT (after the surgery unless they have wifi at the hospital)...MITM off.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Jacob, age 6, wants to know if he can have an autograph. Jacob also wants to know if Santa goes on vacations. Angel, age 9 also wants to know if she can have an autograph and if she can have a picture of him with his reindeer.

    ReplyDelete