Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Festivus!!!!!

This morning I went shopping with Splenda. There's someone at her work that is raising three kids on her own and she is having a hard time this Christmas with gifts. Two of the kids are very young and there was the possibility of the "magic of Christmas" to have to stop. We could not see that happen. I have totally been living the scrooge role this past week, right down to being a wonderful dude at the end when it really mattered. I am not saying this to show how great I am just to show that the Christmas spirit lives and we can all do a little to make someone else's Christmas a little be more magical.

Then, this afternoon, Fabio and I went Christmas shopping. I have been Christmas shopping every day for the past two weeks I think. I don't mind the slushy streets or the busy stores or parting with the money. I just want everybody to be happy...EVERYBODY! A Festivus for the rest of us! Thankfully, I have no grievances with any of you. Don't think I forgot you either. A donation in your name has been made to The Human Fund. Money for the people!

I have to take a nap so I can perform well in the feats if strength tonight. I have been up since 2:00 AM and the festivustivities begin in about three hours. I don't know what makes me think I will be able to put on my kerchief and take a short winter nap when I cannot even sleep at night. Maybe I should push on through and just be crabbier than usual in the hopes that I would sleep through the night; now that would be a Christmas miracle. I can't wait to tell you about what we are doing tonight which I hope becomes an annual tradition. I know I am building it up too much but let-downs are supposed to be a big part of Christmas. I will have pictures too. I just checked NORAD's Santa Tracker (North American Aerospace Defense Command) and Santa is in Baghdad, Iraq now and his next stop is Moscow, Russia (as of 2:53 PM MIDDLE time). It's a great way to find out where Santa is at all times so you know what time you need to be asleep. There are also Youtube videos of Santa's progress.



I wish you and your family a very special Christmas. As I said yesterday, if you need a place to go tonight or tomorrow there's always room at our Inn. Get away to the MATTger there's especially room for you babes (I always go too far don't I?)! Be safe and live the MATTgic....   BELIEVE!      TTTXMAS...MITM

No comments:

Post a Comment