Thursday, December 2, 2010

Health Should Not be an Impulse!

Available Free On i-Tunes
Was I dreaming that I was awake or was I really awake last night? Everything does come in threes like they say. I woke up at 3 again. I was doing so well for 3 days (weird). Maybe I will wake up at 3 every 3 days now? That's still better than I did before. I know what the difference was last night and I hate to even blog it...I think I have become a Benadryl addict. Supposedly that is impossible because there are no addictive qualities to Benadryl but I know I use it as a crutch. I kept waking up with my mask off of my face and my nose stuffed up. I think Benadryl knocks me out enough where I am not restless in my slumber. I was also listening to Roz play me episodes of "Stuff You Missed in History Class" podcasts. It's a free podcast and I would recommend it if you have some form of an ipod; it's great for trips while the rest of the passengers are sleeping or for insomnia. Last night I learned about the Vanderbilts (they talked about the Biltmore Estate where we visited a couple of years ago - if you get to the Carolinas it's worth a stop). I also listened to the mysteries surrounding Mozart's death. I am going for my degree in history from Insomnia U - GO Eye You ! Our mascot is a giant squinty blood-shot eyeball.

While I'm on the subject (ha, subject) of college, Northern Illinois University is going to go to a football bowl game this year. They don't know which one yet; it depends on how they do against Miami (Ohio). The reason I mention it is because of the list of bowl games they may go to. They are number 25 in the BCS (Bowl Championship Series) standings so they will probably be in one of the following bowls: The Little Caesars Pizza Bowl, The GoDaddy.com Bowl, The Maaco Bowl, The Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, The Hyundai Sun Bowl or The Humanitarian Bowl (uDrove whatever that is). What ever happened to the good old Cotton Bowl or Orange Bowl or Gator Bowl or Rose Bowl? All the money that is made from college football and the athletes aren't allowed to make money by playing college athletics. Let's get it over already. Why shouldn't the athlete's get a piece of the Pizza Bowl Pie?

I'm sure you saw that I added a movie review to Middle Movie Reviews. Stop on over there so you don't waste your time watching a stinker unless you are looking for a little celebrity skin. I also added a new poll to Middle Movie Reviews. Last month's poll showed that 50% of you chose "Action/Adventure" as your favorite movie genre. Thanks for voting.

I blogged you yesterday that I was going to tell you today about the M.H. article I read while I was being photographed by tourists while deplasmifying. The article is called How a Fat Nation Can Slim Down. It comes at a good time for me because I have been a little too liberal with my food choices lately. This article helped me to re-focus.  If you click on the reddish underline link it will take you to the story. That's true for most of the underlined things in my blogs (taking you to links) but I know many of you already know that. I heard the other day that Michelle Obama is going to have 6000 salad bars open in schools nationwide; That's a great start.  How can it only be December 2nd and I am almost done with December's issue of M.H.? I guess because I have had it for three weeks. When did that happen when the magazines came to the newsstands a month before the month they had printed on them? Why even have a month on them?

I have to get ready and go to Fabio's game so you luck out and I will shut up for now. Oh yeah, the list of the impulse items at the store: chips, candy, cookies, cracker jacks, gum, beef jerky, lighters, sunflower seeds, nuts, nacho cheese, cotton candy, Combos, Rice Crispy Treats, soda, WATER and energy drinks. I guess nuts and seeds and water aren't too bad (though some of the nuts had M & M's sprinkled in - 3 out of 100. We could also use the lighters to torch the rest of that crap. I don't mean to turn into a preacher but I like you and I want you to be around for awhile. I will blog you again tomorrow in a more light-hearted vein  provided I take my Benadryl tonight. TTTT...MITM  off!

No comments:

Post a Comment