Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Blog that will Live in Infamy

 cue the music (might be bad taste but this is one of the first songs Sugar Momma and I heard together)

One of the world's most famous grave yards
Today is the 69th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Three years ago my family and I spent two weeks in Hawaii; my brother has lived there for about 22 years, and we visited Pearl Harbor a couple of times. Once we went there too late for the boat tour out to the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial so we looked around and toured the U.S.S. Missouri (Mighty Mo.). The morning we were coming home my brother and I went out to see the Arizona. I met a man that day who was at Pearl Harbor on the morning of the bombing. He was very nice and told me stories about that day. It was a very humbling morning. I couldn’t believe the Arizona is still leaking oil. I guess that could be considered another famous cemetery I visited. One of my friends who had been there before had remarked about how many Asian people were there when she had visited and that it disturbed her to see them smiling and laughing there. I didn’t see it that way at all when I was there. I figured it was them paying their respects just as we are doing when we are there. It’s part of Japan’s history just like it is part of our history. Without the bombing or Pearl Harbor there probably would never have been bombs dropped on Hiroshima or Nagasaki. I don’t think it’s something that Japan is proud of (but I am assuming). I don’t think there were any winners that day other that the thousands of people who were destined for doom at the hands of Germany had the war not ended. U.S.A. entering the war made that end possible. The men and women who lost their lives in Pearl Harbor helped change the course of history for everyone for the betterment of the world.

Yesterday I blogged that we are thinking about switching our cell phone company from T-Mobile to A T & T. Today I heard a report that they A T & T is the worst for customer service among cell phone providers. I am glad I heard that before our current contract is up. Back to the drawing board. We still have a little time so time we’ll see.

Sugar Momma is having a rough time at work right now. She has tremendous talent at designing on-line school courses and for some reason or other it seems she is not being able to utilize her talents like she was able to in the past. She is very discouraged. It figures this would happen right before she is going to start Weight Watchers at work. I remember when I first started Weight Watchers and it was tough. It paid off for me though and a couple of my neighbors have done it too and it is working fabulously for them. Stressful times are when most people with weight problems turn to food; I was one of them. So, I hope it goes well for her. I will do my best to help her but with weight-loss you have to be the one in charge. If you’re not committed to succeeding you won’t. You can do it S.M.. Blog grant her strength - throw Sugar Momma a life preserver soon!


I worked out again today and I was sore below the surface though I didn’t know it until I worked out again. I think my system is shocked and it is angry and fighting back. My left arm vein still hurts but it isn’t unbearable so I will continue to push forward. No pain, no gain right?

Jordan "Who is this Fabio dude?" James "The next us."
Tonight were the last regular season games for Fabio’s teams (A & B) at Burlington Central. The Junior High tournament is Thursday and Saturday in Rochelle and then travel basketball starts. Last year Fab played for The DeKalb Bulldogs' travel team but this year he is playing for the DeKalb J-Barbs. He didn't try out - they approached him to play unsolicited. The J-Barbs actually play against pretty much the same schools that his school team has been playing all season. They are also a feeder team for the high school where he will be next year. I think that means he will get more exposure to the high school coaches that will be looking to these teams for players next season. He is about 5’9” now and the doctors have said he will be 6’4” - 6’6” before he’s done growing. A 6’6” guard who can handle the ball well...hopefully we get big growth in the next seven months. Jordan, James, Helser...sounds nice (I am not delusional just a blogger).

Hump day is here again and you know what that means...I will have plasma humped out of my body. That doesn't sound right or maybe it sounds SO right. Thanks for letting me blog your ear off again. You are a good listener/reader. TTTT...MITM - he gone.

2 comments:

  1. Don't switch to AT&T!!! My wife and I did last spring to get the iPhone and since then have had such bad service that we're thinking of breaking our contract and paying the fee. AT&T is terrible! We live in the third largest city in the USA and we often can't even get a signal. We used to have TMoblile and loved their customer service but their coverage was poor. Verizon's coverage seemed to be the best across the USA and there customer service isn't as bad as AT&T's but it's not great either. Good luck in your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave...we have had Verizon and we hated the customer service but you are right about their coverage. We may go back that way

    ReplyDelete