Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Blog-wide Exclusive - Santa Interview!!!!

I had the rare privileged of speaking with Kris Kringle (Santa Claus) this morning  and following is some of our discussion. He was also nice enough to address some of the questions you wanted me to ask him ---

MITM: In the United States we know you as Santa Claus or St. Nicholas but your are known by different names throughout the world. Which name do you like the best?
Santa: I like them all equally because they are my name. It’s like calling your mom and dad mother and father or ma and pa...they all mean the same thing. In Italy I am Babbo Natale, Father Christmas in England, In Morocco I am Black Peter, Hagios Nikolaos in Greece, In Russia Grandfather Frost, the Dutch call me Sint Nikolaas or Sinterklaas...you get the idea. Different parts of the World call me by different names but it’s all me.
MITM: How do you know which children want which gifts and if they have been naughty or nice?
Santa: Technology has helped a lot over the years. These days I use the internet and computers to do most of my leg work. I still get tons of mail and I read every letter that I receive. I also read several blogs. I read your blog and as hard as you try to be a bad boy I know you are really a good boy. I still rely on helpers like mall Santa’s and elves to help me know what is going on. I also visit malls myself so the children never know if it’s me or one of my helpers’ laps they’re sitting on.
MITM: If you read my blog then you know that some other people have questions that they wanted me to ask you. Do you mind?
Santa: Of course not...ask away
MITM: Thanks Santa. Okay the first one is from 6-year-old Jacob who wants to know if you go on vacations.
Santa: That’s a really good question Jacob. We work hard all year making sure that all of the boys and girls are keeping their rooms clean and doing what their moms and dads tell them to do and all of the usual good-kid stuff but I do get away when we shut the shop down three times a year. Even though a large part of my life is travel Mrs. Claus and the elves don’t get to enjoy that part of the business so while I am traveling the World I find new places for Mrs. Claus and I to visit. I usually shave my beard and nobody recognizes me but sometimes I leave the beard. Kids stare at me and think it’s me but they usually decide that it couldn’t possibly be me. I could be right next to you in line at an amusement park or a restaurant and you wouldn’t even know it without my beard. That’s why I always laugh when I hear that song that says “you better be good for goodness sake” because I could be right next to you watching you. Also, Jacob I know about your autograph request and look for it Christmas morning.
MITM: Now you’re showing off Santa. How did you know he asked for an autograph?
Santa: I told you...I am always watching. Why don’t you ask me his sister Angel’s question? Ho Ho Ho
MITM: You really do laugh like that...I thought that was made-up. Well, I am guessing you already know what Angel wants to know but since my blog readers don’t...can you leave her a photo of you with the reindeer and an autograph too?
Santa: Of course, Angel...that’s one of the easier requests I will get and you have been good for goodness sake Ho Ho Ho Ho.
MITM: That makes me wonder Santa. Do you give everybody everything they want?
Santa: No, not even close. I can’t get everybody everything they want. Firstly, children wouldn’t appreciate the things they received if they got everything they wanted and sometimes children ask for things that they are not ready for or aren’t safe for them. Also, even though they think they might like something, I know that there’s a lot of bad toys out there and I am always looking out for the children's best interests...much like their parents do.
MITM: Santa, sweet little Judii wants to know if your nose and cheeks are so rosie because you drink so much.
Santa: Though I do drink a lot of milk and hot cocoa on my travels Judii I don’t think that contributes to my rosie cheeks. Mostly I think it’s because I am in an open-air sleigh traveling at face-numbing speeds and I don’t care for scarves. That is why I have the beard, to help protect my neck and chin from the wind-burn. I also have a naturally-rosie glow. Speaking of the treats that boys and girls leave me I want them all to know that I really appreciate them all. I eat a lot of them but I also take lots of them back to share with the elves and Mrs. Claus because they work just as hard as I do even though I get most of the credit. Also, the carrots and apples and other goodies you leave for the reindeer are greatly appreciated too because they work very hard in our travels and need their strength. Little known reindeer facts...Blitzen likes pizza and Comet loves chips and salsa but they’ll eat anything.
 MITM: I really appreciate you speaking with me Santa. Do you have a little more time?
Santa: Just a little because this is a very busy time for me and I know you don’t want your blog to get too long again TWSS - Ho Ho Ho Ho...that never gets old. I HOL (ho out loud) every time you blog that.
MITM: What are your favorite Christmas movies Santa?
Santa: I like the ones that most people like. I liked the first Tim Allen The Santa Clause movie. I like Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Miracle on 34th Street, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Charlie Brown Christmas and both Grinch movies. It’s a Wonderful Life, of course. I like A Christmas Story but the department store Santa is annoying. Elf is a huge favorite around the office; we cannot believe how close that is to accurate; it was almost like a documentary. We watch that movie year-round. We suspect a spy but that’s okay because it’s pretty complimentary for the most part. Bad Santa is pretty funny because it is so absurd but that’s not for the kids.

MITM: I can tell by all the hustle bustle that you need to get going and I thank you very much for all that you do throughout the year to help make this a special time of year for all of the kids and we kids at heart. I also really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me and my MIDDLERS.

Santa: It was entirely my pleasure Middle Matt. I always enjoy taking time to speak to people like you and your readers who appreciate the elves' hard work. Have a great Christmas and make sure you're asleep before I get to your house.


And he was off and he exclaimed as he rode out of sight Merry Christmas to all and to all a good blog! (I added that last part). TTTT...remember to be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment