Saturday, December 11, 2010

Don't Worry, Blog Happy!

Aerial View of Cabana Charley's Problem Solver Part One


Last night (sort of night) I discovered a way to sleep non-stop until the alarm goes off at 6:00 AM. You may want to write this down or I guess you could just print this blog and keep it with you...the secret is as follows: Go out for dinner and have three margaritas and one bloody mary, Go to a bar and drink a couple of buckets of a concoction called Problem Solvers and suck on them slow (TWSS) for a little while but then decide to drink the entire bucket-full through the straw in one mind-numbing jack-frost nipping at your cerebral cortex continuous sip. Dance like a maniac with every woman in the bar (even if you are a woman because most of the men won't dance which is why all the ladies danced with me - it wasn't because I am Fred Astaire or Brad Pitt) for several hours. Even dance with the ones that don't want to dance because you are the mayor of Holy Crap I'm Hammered Town. Walk out of the bar very late and look back through your bleary eyes and watch the outside lights of the restaurant/bar get turned off as to say "it's about damn time that you got out of here." Have your chauffeur,  Sugar Momma in this case, drive you home. When the alarm goes off because you have to get your son to the bus to go to his basketball tournament you see that you have slept all the way to the alarm. You feel like ass but you slept all the way to the alarm - woo hoo. Following this new-found approach I spent the next six hours watching basketball. In that time I found out that we got home about 2:00 AM so, long story made longer,  go to bed at 2:00 very drunk and sleep until 6:00 - Problem Solvers did their job; very appropriately named drinks I might add.

Fabio's team took third in his basketball team's conference. Now the season is over and we get a small break until travel basketball starts.


Me and my chauffeur. Look at my sweaty dance hair and my eyes... Problems Solved!
The weather outside is frightful and I, even with only four hours of sleep, am quite delightful. My headache was gone by 7:00 AM and I will probably sleep well again tonight. I have to work tomorrow morning at 6:00 and will work most of the day. By the looks of the snow and ice that are falling I will be very happy to have four-wheel drive tomorrow. Remember a couple of weeks ago I told you we got ding dong ditched? Just now we got neighbor-knocked (I just made up that term but someone knocked on those little windows next to the front door and took off). There are some fresh tracks in the snow leading to and from our front stoop but I really don't care that much to track them down to skin them for their pelts tonight. It was three knocks. Doesn't that mean that I am going to get news of someone dying or I will win the lottery or something? Last night before we went out I went and bought Mega Millions tickets for the next five drawings. I had lucky Fabio hand the money and the slip with me to the lady. I told the lady it was because he was the lucky one but I knew he couldn't buy the tickets because of his age so we did it together. I just hope his luck is strong enough to over-ride my anti-luck. I might have won last night's lottery while I was drinking Problem Solvers and dancing....those drinks would surely earn their moniker if that's the case; I will check later but I am not a loser until I check the numbers.
I danced with these dames (Sugar Momma and Beth) Don't they look happy?



I danced with MADYM (Mary) but Gary was too intimidated by my Denny Terrio-ness to dance
Just like a MATT not to know their names. I called the one on the right "Bling"
Yesterday I finally reviewed the two restaurants that Sugar Momma and I went to most recently: Bien Trucha (Geneva) and Cheeseburger In Paradise (Downers Grove). You can read my reviews over in the right margin there ----> toward the top - Yelp Recent Reviews By Matt H.  - that's me:) When we ate dinner last night we ate at Taxco Mexican restaurant in Sycamore before we went to Cabana Carley's. I am just creating more darn work for myself by eating out so much lately and watching movies to review. I have finished watching Dinner Rush and I need to review that to. For cripes sake. Oh, so that made me wonder what cripes was so I Googled that and I guess it's a variant for Christ. I didn't know that I thought it was one of those fruit or cheese-filled French breakfast pancake deals. For crepes sake!

I just remembered ....I can still play a mean tambourine (call me Davey Jones) 

I am getting tired and have to go to the store in this ice storm and I have to work early and often tomorrow so I shall bid you a fond blogdu. Blogdu Blogdu parting is such sweet sorrow. I will blog you again sometime probably tomorrow night. If you're in the MIDDLE like me be careful out there because it's supposed to be nasty out there the next couple of days. And if you want to dance...next time come out when I tell you to gosh darn it! TTTT....MITM (still slightly hung-over).

2 comments:

  1. Dear mayor of Holy Crap I'm Hammered Town,

    Sorry I miss seeing you on your evening out,sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun.

    Now that I'm Mayor I may have to change the name of the town. I don't think that makes people want to move here.

    ReplyDelete