Friday, December 10, 2010

Blog Around Town (with the town clown)

One, two, three, uh huh... cue the new (additional ) theme music (this one almost exactly captures how I feel just about every day right now).

It's like sticking a straw in a coconut (TWSS)
Well, I blogged that I was getting some Marley's Mellow Mood.  I told you I "had a guy." My guy turned out not to be a "dude" and let me down so I wasn't able to get it yet. I will and when I do I will let you know what I think. Usually when there's anticipation like that it's a let-down but we'll see. So, wanting to give you something in the food and beverage section of your daily blog I got my paws on some VITACOCO. It seems like they are trying to compete with the Gatorades and Powerades as their "bottles" say "hydrate naturally." They are coconut water "born in Brazil" with and without added flavors. I drank the 100% pure coconut water one and the ingredients are listed as: "coconut water, vitamin C." The peach and mango one has those plus "mango puree and peach puree" and the pineapple one has the coconut water and vitamin C plus "pineapple puree and coconut puree." It was really good. I can't wait to try the two flavored ones but I don't want to be a Matt-hydrant so I will wait on the other ones. I bet they would be great with rum or vodka. Their containers, they are kind of like large juice boxes with a twist of/resealable lid, say they have "more electrolytes than the leading sports drinks" and "more potassium than 2 bananas." They also contain no fat, no cholesterol and are low in calories. They have funny sayings on all of the boxes. I highly recommend these. I am going to try to get Fabio to take these instead of Gatorade for travel basketball. The other 13-year-old boys won't make fun of him right? The only drawback is that 17 ounces is about a dollar more than a 32-ounce Gatorade so they are quite a bit more expensive. Can you put a price on your electrolytes and potassium...I didn't think so. Like they say; "it's like putting a straw in a coconut!"

Over half of the salsas of the rainbow ROY-G (close on the indigo)
Since we're still in the food and beverage portion of the blog...last night after basketball we were driving back through the cornfields in a mini-blizzard and decided to go to Taco Bell. I haven't been to Taco Bell in quite a while since they do not have too many non-meat items and I no longer eat red meat or chicken or "the other white meat." Taco Bell was very instrumental in helping me lose weight but that's when I ate meat. One hard shell taco (fresco style) is only 3 Weight Watchers points. Fresco style means they eliminate the cheese and add a pico de gallo (literally means "rooster's beak" but it is a salsa fresca). It has tomatoes and onions and cilantro...yum. Anyway, I had heard that you could substitute meat with potatoes so I thought I would give it a try. They actually have a potato taco and I got that fresco style. It was pretty good. The thing I noticed since I had been there last is that they have five different salsas now. They added some fire-roasted thing and a green salsa verde....I love salsa verde. I don't discriminate...I love all salsas. I didn't even get runs from the border.

I wish MIDDLE-aged white dudes looked good in dreadlocks...I love dreads!

You may hate me for blogging this but I have lost seven pounds since Thanksgiving. Most of them were pounds that I had found prior to Thanksgiving and not working-out for awhile though. I got lazy for a couple of weeks and have buckled down again. Working-out is a huge part of weight-loss and weight-maintenance for me. Everyone is different but for me that is the key I have discovered. They say muscle helps burn fat and that is true for me - Muscle burns MATT. I also love to eat so if I can burn more I can eat more I suppose. Fitness is like one huge game of Legend of Zelda. You do stuff and pick stuff up but you have to figure out what works what and what opens and starts what to win the game. I'm just trying to get an extra life.

I discovered one of my favorite things to do is taking a hot shower after working-out. Yes, I still brush my teeth in the shower - I tell you, it's the way to go. If you haven't made the switch you need to give it a try. It gives the moisturizer longer to do its thang.

iTunes has finally made their music samples / bytes 90 seconds long. It makes a big difference to me. I have been music shopping the last couple of days and I like to know a little more about the song than the 30 seconds they used to give us. It has helped me to decide to buy three of four songs that I probably wouldn't have otherwise bought yesterday and today. I talk about music a lot today because it actually helped me sleep all the way to 4:11 AM this morning. That's over an hour later than my current league average. Here's the 411 (man I am so clever and funny I don't even believe it some times - clever is the same as moronic right?). I hooked Roz up to the auxiliary jack of my bedside radio and listened to her "zen" playlist. It didn't seem to hurt her at all and she would do anything for me so she rocked me to sleep (OMG - "rocked"...music and baby symbolism - this is blogs-down gonna be my Pulitzer Prize-winning blog). 

That's all he wrote (TWHW). Tonight is drinks (maybe dinner) at Cabana Charley's in Sycamore (what a crappy website). I am a little light-headed from PFT (not PYT) and I may just go with a poo poo platter (hors devours) and drinks to use the light-headedness to my advantage. Come on out...some band called Red Woody is gonna be there; supposedly they are good..I'll blog the judge of that. Come on out!!! I will write again tomorrow after Fabio's two games at the tournament tomorrow in Rochelle. They won yesterday so they could still win the whole thing but we go up against 14-0 Belvidere Central first tomorrow. I will probably be hung-over so it will most-likely be a close (LOUD) game as my punishment for enjoying myself. Hope to smell you tonight! TTTT...MITM!

No comments:

Post a Comment