Friday, May 21, 2010

MacGruber, I Am Your Father!

Today is the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back. That makes me feel more like an End than a Middle (TWSS). I remember seeing Star Wars in the theater 33 years ago with Mike Hicks. Two thirteen-year-olds actually witnessing the World change forever on the screen right in front of their eyes and not realizing or appreciating it. What will we see today that will change the World forever? It may happen and we won't know it for 30+ years.

"Luke, I am your father" came from that one right? One of my good friends suggested yesterday that my Top Ten List this week should be my top ten favorite movie lines. I don't think I can even do that. How do you break it down to only ten lines? I can think of ten lines alone from each of my top 100 favorite films. That's like ten hundred lines right? Ten Hundred is a lot! I don't think I could even break it down to a thousand lines, let alone ten hundred.

Star Wars reminded me that Junior High was fun. It seemed to stink at the time but it was great looking back now. Without Junior High I wouldn't have half of the Facebook friends I have today. Junior High wasn't that fun for The Dekalb Cardinals Pony League baseball team last night. We played in the rain and couldn't hold onto the ball and were destroyed like 22-8. It seemed more like football weather (and a football score). We are now 3-3 with about 20 games left in the regular season. We made about 20 games worth of errors last night so maybe we will go error-less for the rest of the season. I usually partially blame myself for our losses but I can't control dropped balls and bad throws. Some of the boys were late because of a school dance and a couple were late because of a band concert so we have a lot of excuses. That's what sports are...creatively trying to figure out why it wasn't your fault. We'll get 'em Saturday. You learn a lot more from losing than you do from winning. We learned a lot last night.

I started a blog glossary (blogsarry) yesterday and put it over there in the left margin <-------. Kind of a scorecard for those of you playing at home. Please refer to it whenever I kajunkle a word in here. More times than not I will probably remember to add the words but if I do not have a word in there that should be please let me know and Ms. Peabody and I will get right on it. It's actually Roz's department but she has Cheese and Quackers working for her and they're not always up to the task (TWSS).

Today I am going to go to the theater and see what new movie is going to change the World. MacGruber, Letters to Juliet, Furry Vengeance? I'm probably going to have to see MacGruber. I have loved Saturday Night Live since it started two years before Empire Strikes Back came out. There have been hundreds of regular characters that I have enjoyed over those years. MacGruber isn't one of the characters I would pick as in my top ten hundred SNL characters and I was surprised it was made into a movie. That may be a good enough reason to see the movie. It will probably be a game of roulette; whichever movie starts closest to the time I get there.

I saw a Haagan-Dazs (ka-ching) commercial yesterday showing them traveling around the World trying to find the best ingredients. I thought that was Kashi's (ka-ching) thing. No wait, maybe it's Samuel Adams (ka-ching). No, that's not right, it's Snapple (ka-ching-aroo). I need to start a food/beverage company so I can travel around the the World looking for ingredients. Maybe it's like riding my bike over to eat lunch in a cemetery or driving four or five cities away to see a movie to review. I just have to get this blog to a national or better yet, an international, level so I can take bigger trips in the name of my passion. I searched the world for the best blogging material on Earth and it has brought me to the far reaches of...
Sycamore (the County Seat) paying the property taxes two days ago I saw an extended cab Chevy (ka-ching) pick-up that was a convertible with the top down. It looked like the Kennedy motorcade and it would have seemed more at home in Texas. Who has a convertible pick-up truck? Let alone a dual-cab convertible pick-up. I wish I had had my camera with me. It's probably easier playing mailbox baseball in a convertible. These were older folks though so they are probably more into mailbox golf or mailbox shuffleboard.

Now that I pay most of our bills on-line I find that I wait until the due dates to pay them. Why do I wait until the due date? The money is in the bank when I get the bill. What if I wait and the computer kajunkled (see new blogsarry for terms in the left margin <----)? I thought people only hoarded their money if they had lived through The Great Depression...oh wait we're in the more greaterer depression now right? I will keep hoarding; I'm such a hoard!

I am really tired this morning. These early mornings are catching up with me. I hope I can stay awake at the theater. Sugar Momma and Splenda are in Carbondale and my son has a birthday party at 5:00 tonight. Alone again, naturally. Maybe I will lay or probably lie in the hammock at 5:00 and watch the clothes dry if the rain stays away. I have to come clean with you (laundry pun)...I just worked the hammock into the blog so I could use one of the pictures I took the other day when I was taking photos of the clothesline. I want our blogging relationship to be based on honesty so I just wanted to let you know that. Now that I blogged it the hammock does sound pretty good though. Am I controlling the blog or is the blog controlling me?

Well, I gotta get the garbage out and start my son's (blog name pending) engine and make his lunch. I wish he'd just take hot lunch. Getting the garbage out is not a euphemism in the blogsarry as "posting the blog" either so, very funny, ha ha. I also have to do some tile in the kitchen today or tomorrow. It's always a good thing to have a party (like a graduation party...). It forces you to do all those things to your living quarters that you don't do on a regular basis. Sometimes it comes down to something as simple as dusting the stairs or cleaning out the refrigerator. That's the real reason we Middles have people over and it's also the reason that we seldom have people over.

Have a nice Friday. Hi to Sugar Momma and Splenda if they read this in Carbondale before their busy day on campus. It seems like it's gonna be gloomy here in the Middlewest but it's supposed to be spring or summer weather for the next couple of days after the winter weather last night. It's a good day for a movie or two. I will post this now and catch and change all of the typos throughout the next couple of hours...I am a freak. Blog you tomorrow!

** empire strikes back photo hyper-spaced from hauseon.com, better stuff photo traveled the world from brandweek.com and norman rockwell baseball print traced from rcaus.org **

2 comments:

  1. Just an FTY, I am a huge Norman Rockwell fan! I love the BB print!

    and love the line "Blog you tomorrow!"

    ReplyDelete