Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tonight We're Gonna Party Like It's 699!

Fortunately, I didn't take the Benadryl yesterday because I had to have my wits about me it turned out. Luckily working out released enough endorphins so I wasn't so whiny. I spent most of the day learning about 401K's and IRAs. The biggest thing I learned was that Merrill Lynch doesn't know what the heck is going on as I talked to three different people and I got three entirely different answers. I can see why our country is in economic peril if this is typical of the financial institutions in the U.S.. I am guessing I won't be able to add a Merrill Lynch patch to my sponsorship racing suit or a sticker to my blogging car. Maybe we should go back to wampum.

Since no one chimed in on the Clue game incident I am assuming that what I did was completely ethical and the game stands as played. Me blogging about the incident did cause the feud over the issue to rekindle between Sugar Momma and I even though it happened probably over twenty years ago.

Looks like people are moving in across the street today. You missed out - you could have lived in a cul-de-sac right across the street from me; I bet you're kicking yourself right about now. Not to worry...the house right behind us (the backyard backs up to ours) is for sale. Hey, wait a minute, why are all the people around us moving? I only streak once in a while, we have very few gang fights, hardly no nuclear accidents, barely any toxic chemical spills and when there are spills we always have the EPA out immediately...we are the dream neighbors, really.


Shouldn't sweater-vests be called swests or veaters? We are Americans we don't have time to keep saying "sweater-vest." Maybe a sweater-blazer should be called a swazer (are there sweater-blazers?).

When I was at Ironman 2 last week I discovered that people have forgotten how to whisper. There were at least four sets of people that were talking occasionally through the movie. This is a very serious affliction and should be taken very seriously. I am a great whisperer and can give lessons if you're looking for a great birthday or holiday gift. It comes from all my years of being sneaky and underhanded. It's won me many a game of Clue! Where in the heck does the term underhanded come from anyway? That reminds me...Ironman loves wind farms - he actually says in the movie "I love wind farms." Maybe he and I can be roommates or neighbors when I get my wind turbine house. Unless you buy the house behind us then I'm not leaving here but be prepared for my house to transform into a wind turbine over the years. Caveat emptor neighbor. Maybe if you become my neighbor when you move in I will change into my sneakers and swazer and come over with King Friday and we can party like it's 699?

Senior skip day was Monday and I guess like 40% of the seniors at my daughter's school were sick (wow, what a coincidence). On Wednesdays they start classes an hour later even though the buses run at the same time. I don't know what they are trying to accomplish. My daughter drives to school (not a bus) so she normally gets the extra hour of sleep. Anyway, my daughter, who was sick Monday, missed a test and had to go in at the regular time today to make up the test. Why do teachers give tests on senior skip days? Are they control freaks or just want to show who is in charge? It actually just makes their lives harder I would think. (I didn't even know Senior Skip Day was a movie until I searched for graphics...missed my chance like Halloween and Date Night).

There go the sausages! Only two sausages are racing today. The third is getting a ride in the giant baseball hat car (though it looks like a minivan from my press box).

Tonight we have a rematch against the Sycamore Cardinals; this time on their turf. If you love the color red and you're near Sycamore come on out. I guarantee a Cardinal's victory(unless it rains). We are both Cardinals! Have a Humpy Wednesday (that's what she said). "Y'all come back now, hear? This has been a Filmways presentation dahling."

**it's a wonderful life photo from eeweems.com, mr. rogers photo from aimbio.com, swest photo from torontothumbs.com and senior skip day photo from makli.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment