Thursday, May 27, 2010

All Hands On Deck - The Admiral is Returning!

I am so thrilled; Sex and the City 2 opens today.

Last night our baseball game lasted until about 10:15 and then we had to stop and Taco Bell after that because my son and I hadn't eaten dinner. I am tired and I know it's going to be a struggle getting him up this morning. We have another 8:00 game tonight. This will be so much easier when school is out. Only one more week. We were down last night 14-3 but had an 8-run rally to be within 3 but then ended up losing 14-11. It was a good game and a good comeback that just came up a bit short.

Today is Splenda's last day of high school forever. How exciting. Now off to a whole new chapter in her life when she begins college in a couple of months. Hold on sweety, the roller coaster just gets faster from here. High school was that clickety-clickety-clickety sound you hear when you're going up...get ready for all the big drops and twists and upside-downs. They are all part of the ride but they keep you guessing what is up beyond the next turn. In the end you are happy for every one of those unexpected moves in the ride. Mom and I are very proud of you and we know you'll change the world. You were one of the best twists in our roller coaster ride that we are thankful for every single day.

(I was very proud of that analogy but when I re-read this I realized that metaphor was from the movie "Parenthood" - great movie!)

While I was working on the kitchen bricks/walls I was watching (just listening actually) some of those episodes of America Story of Us. That is the show that originally reminded me about the creative commercials but I don't think I even mentioned it when I discussed the creative commercials. They have commercials that look like a documentary similar to the show . They break and run right into the commercials. Since I was working and my hands were covered in adhesive I didn't want to touch the remote so I was trapped. The show is presented by Bank of America and they are one of the companies that fools us with the commercials that look like part of the show. Every one of their commercials is how they are responsible for every great thing that ever happened in America. It's really amusing actually whether it's true or not. I am sure it's true but partially skewed their way. It kind of reminds me of Tommy Flanagan "... and then we financed a cruise for a family...it was a family named...Columbus, yeah that's the ticket." I am waiting to see the commercial that says how they were partially responsible for the disastrous economic downturn we are currently experiencing. I imagine that will be in the final episode of the show.

I have all the brick/tile installed in the kitchen and now I just have to grout it and seal it. I was thankful that I hadn't trimmed my fingernails in awhile. While I was sawing one of the bricks with my Black & Decker NaviGator power handsaw/jigsaw (ka-ching) the brick slipped and I sawed into the top of my thumbnail. Luckily I felt the vibration right away and have cat-like reflexes. The thumbnail saved my thumb from being peeled like a banana. I always thought fingernails were just there so we could pick our noses and pry staples up and have something to chew when we're nervous. They have a higher calling than I give them credit for. So then, about a half hour later while trying to force a brick into a hole with a hammer I smacked the same thumbnail and now I have a black and blue dot (bruise) right in the middle of under my thumbnail. I will attach these thumb incidents to something later saying that it was a sign or a prediction. Maybe I am meant to go hitchhiking around the world and need my thumbs. I probably shouldn't watch television while working with power tools is probably the real sign that I am supposed to get. I almost blew my life-long goal of playing Arthur Fonzarelli on Broadway.

Yesterday I let Ms. Peabody out to drop more depth-charges for my next barefoot lawn mowing. I saw her chasing Quackers. He didn't seem too worried as he just pretty much jumped up, flapped his wings and came right back down. He is about twice as big as Peabody so he could take her in a duck-dog battle royale. I yelled at her and she stopped and came back in the house. I noticed him just sitting out in the yard by himself and wondered if Cheese and he had had a fight or they were separated and our yard is their rendezvous spot or if she got captured by that fox or if they had gotten split up or is she nesting really close to, or maybe in, our backyard somewhere? Maybe she didn't get over the Blackhawks beating the Anaheim Ducks and she is depressed in a duck bar somewhere. While I was watering the outside plants, hanging laundry and feeding the birds later I noticed they were together again...there is joy in Duckville. I even create soap operas about ducks...maybe I really do need to see Sex and the City 2. It has been suggested that I see it and review it even though I have never even seen one episode of the show. A guys perspective would be interesting maybe.

Tonight my wife, Morgan Fairchild, comes back home. I guess I had better get the house clean today. It looks like rain again so maybe baseball will be canceled and I will have a few extra hours to clean up the Bret Michaels after-party we had Sunday night. That dude can really throw a party but he doesn't stay to help clean up. I was going to ask Quackers to move in but he got his dame back. We were gonna film a reality show "Blogging For Quackers" but now that's scrapped. I guess I'll just have to keep bugging you everyday. Thank you for letting me do that...you complete me!

Now I gotta get on my hazMATT suit and get this place in shape. Tomorrow is Friday and a long holiday weekend so tough it out...you can do it. Blog you tomorrow!

**tommy flanagan photo "took it myself, yeah that's the ticket" from snlark.jt.org and cleanup photo taken by me at my house (no, actually swiped from abc.net.au) **

No comments:

Post a Comment