Saturday, May 29, 2010

I'm Pretty Sure I Saw a Unicorn!

I think I have developed anatidaephobia from all of the wildlife in our back yard. I was lying in the hammock last night while everyone else was gone and I felt like Snow White when the animals first started becoming less afraid of her. There were no green alligators or long neck geese, no humpty back camels or chimpanzees but there were rabbits and ducks and robins and cardinals all around me. A baby bunny named Hugh was right next to the hammock and then went directly under me. I named him (or her) Hugh because I was using my HP Mini (ca-ching). Hugh is short for Hewlett (Hugh) G. Eers. Those animals are all: really stupid, really unobservant or really perceptive in knowing I would never hurt any of them. They're probably just kissing up because Sugar Momma and I are their soup kitchen. Next time I go to the hammock I will take the camera with me because I am pretty sure I did see a unicorn after all of those margaritas.

I love my new H.P. Mini (double-ching) but I am sure that I am under-compensating for something with the mini. I didn't like it much at first but it is growing on me. Not too much though because if it grew too much it wouldn't be a mini. My feet are bigger than it is. You know what they say about guys with big feet - "big feet, big shoes."

I did have my camera with me yesterday on my many trips back and forth to Menard's (ca-ching) and Lowe's (ca-ching-aroo). I saw black smoke off in the distance toward Sycamore and me trying to prolong the kitchen tile project as longs as I could, and the fact that I am extremely nosy, I headed toward the smoke. There was a farm house burning down. It was a controlled burn by the fire department but it was cool nonetheless. I was happy I did have my camera for that.

Speaking of the kitchen project - I am done with the tile. I posted some photos over in the left margin so everyone can see that I am not qualified to help with your projects. If you need a moron grunt to help with the mindless stuff I am your MATT otherwise you're probably better off without me near the project.

When I did yesterday's blog post I used a photo of Kool-Aid Man (ching-ching). I started thinking that if I had been Ray Stantz I would have chosen Kool-Aid Man rather than the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man to battle New York. I would love to see them fight each other actually like a Godzilla - Mothra battle. I wouldn't want the Kool-Aid Man here at our house though. He's either too lazy or too ignorant to walk around to a gate. He's always smashing through brick walls and fences; I don't need that aggravation or clean-up. It took me like 15 hours to tile a kitchen can you imagine how long it would take me to reconstruct a brick wall that was destroyed by a giant pitcher of Kool-Aid? At least I wouldn't get thirsty I suppose.

I never made it to a MATTinee yesterday or Thursday so I didn't see a new movie to review this week. I will try to get to one. Today I have to work a bit this afternoon and then Sugar Momma and I are heading to the big city (Oswego / Boulder Hill). You guys with all of your fancy motorcars and things. I think after that we may go to Morton Arboretum and for dinner somewhere out that way. Now I know how the Amish must feel when they go to town. Excited and nervous all at the same time.

Hey, I guess that new American Idol dude is from Illinois. Your following this blog and keeping to your Middle roots has helped propel this young artist to the top of his field. Congratulations to Lee DeWyze of Mt. Prospect, Illinois; I'm sure you're very talented. And you thought you were just reading a blog...you are making a difference right now by reading this. Reading Matt In The Middle is FUN-da-mental ("mental" anyway, "da")!

Have a great Saturday. It seems like the weather is going to be great in the Middle today. And tomorrow is like Second Saturday - woohoo!!! Maybe tomorrow I will actually
compose my blog from the HP Mini...make sure you have your magnifying glasses for the tiny type...blog you later!

1 comment:

  1. The Biggest Loser this year is from Barlett...even the President...haha, we must be on to something.

    ReplyDelete