Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Am Not A Cheater (technically)!

Happy Mother's Day.

Sorry I didn't do a blog yesterday (if anyone noticed). I was doing more painting at my sister-in-law's new condo and my bother-in-law and I were starting to move her stuff from Rochelle to her new place in Sycamore. I didn't get time to workout yesterday either but carrying all of that heavy stuff up the stairs was good enough. This blog might be longer because it's two day's worth?

While moving furniture up the stairs I started to think that you really have to trust the person you are carrying furniture with. If either one of you drops your end of the huge dresser while you're going up the stairs all the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't put Matty together again. Makes you think about all those times when you were younger carrying things with a drunk on the other end of that entertainment center.

Last night was Prom for our daughter. We went to a house in Malta (not Italy) where a bunch of her friends met for pictures before Prom. (she just got home by the way 6:30AM). It was very nice and it looked like a mafia wedding in Malta. Sugar Momma had a rough weekend with her Master's final project and final exam and all so we decided to go out for "A" drink. We went over to Cabana Charley's in Sycamore (there's also one in Woodridge). We sat at the bar and I got a Mai Tai and Jill had a Seabreeze. We ordered Conch Fritters and chips and salsa. (It it pronounced "CONK" by the way not "conch" don't listen to Sponge Bob, he's a nice guy but a boob). So, my intention was to have one drink and then drink Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke while she drowned her stress. I don't drink much anymore which is difficult for a guy who went to SIU and hosted a radio show on Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville called The Mattgarita Happy Hour. I used to like to drink but I like being skinny better. Anyway, making a boring story long, we finished our first drink and Sugar Momma quickly ordered another and the bartender put a margarita on the bar and asked "do you want a margarita, one of the waitresses screwed up?" How do you say no to that? It wouldn't be polite or frugal. I had a margarita. Then, liking the taste of the margarita I ordered another. Then she (bartender) put another drink on the bar and said "this time I screwed up, want a Captain and Coke?" Duh.... She must have recognized me from my blog and was trying to kiss up...it worked, GO TO CABANA CHARLEY"S AND SIT AT THE BAR! (conch fritters are better in Key West though)

At the bar Sugar Momma said for Mother's Day she wanted my top ten list for this week to be my favorite flowers so I will change that right after I post this (she thinks I don't have favorite flowers ha which ones are the flowers again?). While we were at the bar talking nonsense I broke the news to Sugar Momma that with her being gone for two days I became very lonely and cheated on her. My son was still in Springfield and my daughter was at work and I was lonely from painting all day with only my demented thoughts to keep me company. Maybe it's not cheating if you pay for it? I couldn't live with the guilt so I told her. I went to see Ironman 2 without her. She didn't even care, sometimes it pays to be honest. First it starts with a movie and then...maybe popcorn next time. I got there 5 minutes late and the previews had just started and then I watched 18 minutes of previews. It only cost $6.50. Going alone is great...no popcorn, pop... only $6.50. The movie was good but some of the fight scenes reminded me of Rock'em Sock'em Robots. The legacy is developing and it's obvious that this series is going to go on for years and years with shoot-offs and sequels.


One last thing before I shut up. Cheating made me think of a time when Sugar Momma and I were playing Clue with her brother and his wife (my brother-in-law and favorite sister-in-law) SEVERAL years ago and an incident occurred that we still argue about to this day. I'm sure you're familiar with the Milton Bradley game Clue where you solve the murder (murderer, room and weapon).
Let me preface this by saying, if it pleases the jury, that rule #1 of being a good detective is using all of your resources and being observant (maybe that's #1 and #2). It was hard not to type "rule #1 of Clue is that you don't talk about Clue" but then I couldn't resist and typed it anyway. Anyway both sis-in-law and I watched as Sugar Momma wrote on her pad and we figured, based on whether she was writing on the top, in the middle or at the bottom if she checked the suspect, the weapon or the room. I still to this day think this is fantastic detective work but Sugar Momma thinks it's cheating. I'd be curious to know where you all stand on this controversial issue. Let me know. Ask Jill sometime if she wants to play Clue and I bet this comes up.

All you muthas have a scrumdidlyumptious day. Being a mother is the most important job in, to and for life. Talk to you tomorrow.

(cabana charley's photo plagiarized from dailyherald.com, rock 'em sock 'em robots photo fought for the death from stuckinthe70s.com, clue photo taken by revolver point from avclub.com and golden ticket found at hypebeast.com)

1 comment:

  1. it's not cheating if you're just being a good detective. (:

    ReplyDelete