Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'll Have the Whine De Jour Please!


It's raining. The rain is great when you're run-down. It gives you a reason to take Benadryl (ka-ching) and take a day off from life as long as you're unemployed I guess. Today is Benadryl Tuesday!

It seems that the news was invented just because people are nosy. About 80% of what's reported on the news doesn't really even pertain to us directly but just gets us fired-up. You may as well just read my blog.

My little red notebook is almost full; only two blank pages left. I am going to look through it and see what isn't crossed out and decide if it's worthy to write in the blog. Some things just won't make the cut. What happens next is unpredictable and probably more disjointed than usual so hold onto your hats -

The government is becoming the bloods and the crypts (republicans and democrats).

Here was a recipe for Tuna Noodle Casserole I made (it was pretty good):

12 oz. egg noodles
12 oz. Ahi Tuna (cooked)
1 cup frozen peas
16 oz. fat free sour cream
2 Tbs.fat-free mayonnaise
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
fresh parsley
1/2 cup Swiss cheese

mix and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown

I wrote this as I saw an over-weight person cross the street downtown:"I actually feel sad for heavy people now. Were people sad for me? I can see why people get into trying to help people lose weight after they, themselves, have lost a lot of weight (Biggest Loser *plug*, which I have never watched,...)but people have to want to lose the weight themselves before they will accept any help. I was ALWAYS on a diet and then one day it just clicked but it is still a struggle every single day. It truly is a disease of the mind." (I guess it's easier to be empathetic when you know how it feels). This is true of anything: drinking, drugs... Several people tell me that I have motivated them to lose weight just by my weight-loss. That makes me happier than they can know. I am helping people but they are really helping themselves by my example as I did by watching other people lose weight before me. Paying it forward.

I think Sugar Momma and my daughter have a different pair of shoes for each outfit. I picked up three pairs of each of their shoes. I don't own three pairs of shoes in total. Is it actually "pairs" or "pair"? Pair is already plural but if you have more than one pair I guess you should pluralize the plurality right?

My son had LOTS of clothes but he wears the same ones over and over. I just want everyone to know that is my fault because I do laundry every day. He's not the stinky kid at school because his clothes are always clean. And...why does he have six different scents of Axe (ka-double-ching)? I know he's 13 and I try to remember..I think I started liking girls when I was 12. Man I would have been such a playa if we'd have had Facebook back then.

I made a list of jobs I could do in my notebook:
Mall Santa Claus
Blogger (ha ha that's funny)
Screen writer (ha again)
Merry Maid (chingaroo)
Laundry Dude
Cookie Maker
Caterer
Fence Painter
Screwdriver and wrench sorter
Dish washer
Lawn boy
Cabana boy (cabana middle-aged guy)

(I know there are a lot of things I could add like gigolo or that dude that rubs suntan lotion on all the hotties on Miami Beach... but this is what was in my notebook so I will stay true to the book)

Why do I care if my cholesterol is high I'm not going to do anything about it anyway? (my cholesterol isn't high but it was borderline once and the doctor wants me to get it checked from time-to-time- he's not the boss of me so I'm not gonna do it).

Tiger Woods made me think that people are only sorry when they get caught.

Sometimes you feel like a mat sometimes you don't (that's not from my notebook it's from this morning). Actually, I pretty much always feel like a mat. I hate teenagers (at times). Someday he'll appreciate all the things we do for him. Does he think I actually like being baseball coach every year, does he think I like driving all over God's angry Earth for basketball tournaments...I do and I do and I do for these kids and this is the thanks I get? Parents, it doesn't matter how much you do it isn't enough - get used to it. They'll appreciate you one day (maybe). We should just be more selfish. Thanks for letting me vent...I appreciate you even if your kids don't.

There's a lot more in my book before I autograph it and raffle it off for charity but now I still have things to write for tomorrow. (These were about 1/2 of the notes I didn't use previously). Now I am taking Benadryl and listening to the rain. I will awake again at the crack of noon maybe. I am such a slave that I will probably put in a load of laundry and clean the kitchen first. I already made an ingrate lunch. I may go on strike.

I'm kinda whiny today...I thought I liked the rain. Maybe I just like to be whiny and the rain is the instrument by which I whine? Have a nice whiny Tuesday, I will. I should probably take Midol (ka-quadruple-ching) instead of Benadryl. Tomorrow, remind me to tell you one of my favorite memories of my entire adult life - it involves rain and no kids.

(benadryl photo taken from pannickattackscontrol.com, shoes photo taken from sodahead.com, axe photo taken from emailresponsibly.com and tanning butler photo from hotelchatter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment