Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love sleeping with the windows open. This short period in the Middlewest is the best time of the year. The bugs aren't bad yet. It's about the perfect temperature all of the time. There's little humidity. It's like San Diego weather for a couple of weeks. I have been awake for a while but I just laid in bed and listened to the birds for about an hour. It was nice. No one left a tv on all night, none of the neighbors were staring their vehicles and heading to work, the dude or dudette delivering the papers in their loud car doesn't come as early... Some people wish every day were Christmas I wish every day was an early Spring Sunday in the Midwest. The photo I added (right over there <-----) is the where the birds hang out in our yard. And that is the fence I white-washed earlier this Spring. Tarnation!

Sugar Momma goes to Austin, Texas today until Thursday. I am taking her to the airport this morning; nice doing it on a Sunday this time rather than during rush-hour in Chicago like last time. I vow to stay out of trouble while she is gone. She wants to get down to Texas early so she can be in her hotel room eating room service in her jammies when the LOST series finale is on tonight. Doesn't she know she is going to miss the Celebrity Apprentice season finale? I hope there is a great pay-off for her (and the masses) with the LOST finale. She thinks she has it all figured out and if her theory is wrong I think they should have used her story-line no matter what theirs' is. Hers is really good. I hope the message isn't that millions of people just LOST hundreds of hours watching a show with a crappy ending.

I am adding my recipe for Spoon Tacos to the recipe section this morning. I used to make this all the time and it's really good but I haven't made it in a while. It's quick, easy and inexpensive...trifecta. And it tastes good...quinella. I make it now sometimes as a dish to pass when we go to parties because it can be used as an appetizer too. It's great football food but soon you'll be invited to picnics and summer get-togethers so be prepared. I don't know why I woke up thinking about Spoon Tacos.

I think it's because I am getting worried that my eating habits are creeping back toward the darkside. I need to pull it back in before it gets away from me. I still want to lose about 12 more pounds so I can get to 175 but I think I have become complacent. By telling you that here I am hoping that I can right the ship. Hi, my name is Matt Helser and I am a food-aholic. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope.

I am still hanging the towels out on the line to dry and have found that it's the sun that makes them "crispy." Wind only = soft (original recipe), sun and wind combo = crispy, sun only = extra crispy. When I originally posted my extra crispy dilemma on Matt in the Middle Jennifer suggested that after I take them off the line I put them in the dryer for about 10 minutes with a dryer sheet. She suggested that this would convert the towels back to the original recipe version. It works Jen! The towels are soft and it helped save the energy bill and the planet. Now I have dryer sheets so I researched what to do with the used dryer sheets and that's this week's top ten list. win win win win win!

Last night I was surfing by moonlight. I am a World-Class surfer. Surfing is huge in the Middle of the country. Not surfing like in Teen Wolf or in Oahu. I'm talking about satellite surfing. Why limit yourself to this planet? Cowabunga! During my surfing I kept stopping at Namaste Yoga on FitTV (ka-ching or maybe ka-schwing). I love this show. There are the obvious reasons, scantily-clad beautiful women posing for me but that's probably like the number four reason I like this show. The music is relaxing, the voice of the "instructor" is so soothing, the scenery changes continuously and I love the way Canadians say "ooot." The word Namaste is derived from Sanskrit "namas" meaning "I bow to you." It says that the divine in me is the same as the divine in you and we are the same. Sometimes I turn Namaste Yoga on (scratch that, reverse it - TWSS), set the tv timer and use it as my lullaby to fall asleep. I think mostly I like it because of my 53% rule though.
I hope you have a NamasDay (trademark/copyright). Blog you later...Namaste...I truly do bow to you!

**teen wolf photo from jasonbentley.org and namaste graphic from unitedmag.wordpress.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment