Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'm Ready For My Close-Up Mr. DeMille

The big plans yesterday didn't materialize. I ended up working until about 5:00 (with Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez) and when I got home Sugar Momma wasn't feeling well so I just went to my parents' house and brought home a vehicle full of firewood that my dad had been collecting for us. I came home with a huge load of wood (TWSS). It worked out fine (not the load of wood part) because I got to go over to my bro-migo Dennis' house and watch the NHL team from the Middle, The Chicago Blackhawks, take game one of the Stanley Cup Finals.

When I blogged yesterday that the American Idol winner this season was from the Middlewest (Illinois) my buddy Stacee pointed out that the Biggest Loser is also from Middletown USA (Bartlett, IL) and reminded me that The Man In The Big White House (President Barack Obama) is also a Middler. We're coming for you non-Middlers...first America and then the world. IT'S MIDDLE DOMINATION!!!!

Today I intend to conquer the impossible. Climb the MATTerhorn. I have one of those patio bars that I moved downstairs to my poker room (intended for entertainment purposes only) in the basement a couple of years ago. It was great on the patio but was almost essential for Mattgarita Island. When I moved it down there I vowed that it would never leave Mattgarita Island because it was a pain to get down there. Imagine how much fun it's going to be today when it hops a Steamer for the patio again. Upstream is always much more difficult. Good thing I'm already crabby. The mushroom cloud you see over the cornfield may be me later today. It's my idea so I will suffer my own consequences.

I still haven't seen a movie to review yet but I probably still will see Sex and the City 2 (SATC2). I just found out that there is a new theater Hollywood Palms near Fox Valley Center (or whatever it's called now). Hollywood Palms is one of those theaters that serve food and drinks while you watch the movie (again from Stacee). Sugar Momma and I went to the one by Yorktown Mall about 10 years ago (I just checked and it was 11 years ago because we saw the Matrix there). This would be a great way to review a movie and a restaurant at the same time and for A MATT IN THE MIDDLE FIRST (fanfare) a theater review...oooooooooooo....aaaaaaaaaaa. The weekend isn't even half over.

Sugar Momma is going to our niece's high school graduation today (she knows the bar is coming up the stairs today). There was some cockamamie story about how there weren't enough tickets for me. I know I am embarrassing and I blog about everything but I can behave sometimes. I have been to weddings and funerals and didn't get thrown out. No, I'm kidding, I know there are only so many seats and they'd rather take their dog's groomer than me...I'm cool with that. (I just made that up, I don't think the dog's groomer is going - Sugar Momma check for a dog groomer). I'm like Uncle Arthur from Bewitched with a skosh less flamboyance.

I am going to do a Memorial Day tribute for tomorrow's blog. I will try to be serious because I have great respect for what Memorial Day stands for and for what the women and men of the military do every day to keep us safe. I have a tendency to skew things toward the humorous but that's how I am. If, tomorrow, it appears that what I write is disrespectful I assure you that it will not be my intention. I am launching a preemptive apology when I don't even have any idea what I am going to blog yet. That seems military and respectful right there doesn't it? Today I changed the top ten list to my top ten favorite war/army/fight films.

Sugar Momma is missing one slipper from each of four pairs of slippers. I know she thinks I'm Prince Charming and all but this role play is getting out of hand. Instead of finding the woman in my kingdom who the slipper fits I have to find the slipper that fits the woman in my kingdom. I'm more like Gus Gus than the Prince but I'll try before I turn back into the footman or whatever Gus Gus turned back into. The footman looking for a slipper...it's all becoming clearer now.

Is it possible to get your nostrils and ear lobes waxed? I want a Brazilian nose and ear wax.

If you feel like carrying a bar up a flight of stairs, digging/leveling the area for the bar, going to Menard's and getting sand and mulch and spreading those and various other graduation party preparation fun come on over. I will be happy to keep you libated (that's not a word but it should be - Urban Dictionary).

Have a nice Sunday and a fantastic graduation day Emily. Blog you tomorrow with my Memorial Day Tribute to America. Time to make the donuts!

** blackhawks ice crew photo slashed from blackhawks.nhl.com,hollywood palms cinema photo cecil b. de-stolen from hollywoodpalmscinema.com & cinderella picture slipped from us.movies1.yimg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment