Friday, May 7, 2010

Live wickedly (W.W.C.I.D.) !!!



Do celebrities collect unemployment while they're not shooting a film or recording a new album? Are Brad Pitt and Weird Al on the government cheese like me? Give me a call fellas I make a great government grilled cheese.

Starting the blog a little later than usual today. My son had to be at school at 5:30 to get on the stagecoach (bus) for Springfield. Young Mr. Lincoln is heading to the state capital. I wish it wouldn't have been today because I probably could have slept in a little. At least until 5:00. There's a great thunderstorm outside with a lot of my favorite sounds attached. Good thing I already mowed the lawn and hung out (and brought in) the laundry this week.

Sugar Momma watches The Daily Show with John Stewart and The Colbert Report religiously. On The Colbert Report two days ago there was a story about a lady scofflaw like me that hangs her clothes outside to dry against her neighborhood's association agreement. She described similar feelings that I have when I'm out there livin' on the edge.
Feelings that she is breaking the law. She and I are the washtub Bonnie & Clyde. We have a retractable line that's attached to the side of the house and when it's pulled out it's mostly hidden by our fence but I wonder if I am considered the rebel of the neighborhood. This lady had nautical rope wrapped from tree to tree so that's probably more the issue. I am almost always considerate of other people's feelings and points of view but I would definitely take a stand on this one. It's better for the environment, better on an unemployed dude's finances and it keeps me off the streets. Should I be free-basing crystal meth (I don't know if that's really a proper term but it sounds like something I hear in movies and on TV) or running a brothel instead? Everyone has to have a hobby.

With the rain today I wonder if the ducks that stop here twice a day will be by for food. If they come back today I will call them "two socks." Not really...we actually named them last night - Cheese and Quackers. She's Cheese because she's always primpin' and he's Quackers because he's always quackin'. I told you before that I have to name everything.

WWCID (wicked)! What Would Charles Ingalls Do? That's how I live my life in my head most of the time. I never watched Little House On The Prairie when it was on originally because Starsky & Hutch or Baretta or something was on but I started watching it about ten years ago on Hallmark or whatever station it's on now. It also seemed like an old people or girl show so, now that I am both of those, I can watch it. I haven't seen it in a while but it was on yesterday while I was taking a wooden table apart to fit it down the stairs. Perfect Charles Ingalls project. They had it a lot worse back in their day so now I have a whole different respect and admiration for what the Ingalls family represents to me with our country seeming to be heading back that way. As Hyde (That 70's Show) would say "it was a simpler time." I should probably start thinking WWCID (wicked) - What Would CAROLINE Ingalls Do since I am doing the laundry, going to Oleson's Merchantile (Wal-Mart) for the staples and the other Caroline duties. Still works!

Sugar Momma heads to Macomb again today for the weekend for her Masters' Degree classes. Prom is tomorrow (my daughter's senior year), I have to help someone move tomorrow (hope it's not raining). Crazy weekend. With Sugar Momma out of town for Prom I guess I have to take my daughter to get her hair done so I can only help move for half a day. See...I do both Charles and Caroline duties. I am the new-age Ingalls. You people who are or have been single parents really have my respect. I've asked it before but it deserves repeating, how did we do everything when we were both working 60+ hours a week? There's still things that don't get done with me not working full-time.

Okay...blog's long enough (that's what she said). I have to get ready to begin my day of painting and waiting for the gas company to show up at the house that I am helping move stuff into tomorrow. Sleep in if you can - great thunderstorm still brewin' outside. Live like the Ingalls' today!

(Lincoln photo emancipated from insertfishhere.com, Ingalls photo cropped from interactive.com and Bonnie & Clyde photo robbed at gunpoint from outoforderdesign.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment