Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Eat with Dead People!

Taylor Swift won another big award yesterday. I am not too familiar with her music but she seems very talented and what I hear seems pretty good. This truly seems to be her time to shine. - - This is Kanye West - - I'm sorry but Alicia Keys and I have two of the best blogs of all time.

Wow, that was weird but now just watch my blog take off since Kanye is the best P.R. man in the business (on topsy-turvy day). I am the Orson wells of blogging. You have just witnessed the birth of blogging theater (patent/trademark/copyright...).

I had gotten busy and hadn't worked out since Friday until yesterday. Wow, if you're working out on a regular basis don't stop. It's like starting all over again after just a few days missed (actually I only missed one day). I hear it's good to shock your system once in a while so maybe this is what they mean by that. My arms still ache this morning and I did the same workout I usually do. I am older than I was Friday so maybe that is part of it too?

After my workout I decided to run some errands around town. I packed a lunch and threw it into my backpack and got on the bicycle. I did my errands and thought to myself, "Self, where should you eat lunch?" Remember yesterday I wrote about Joseph Glidden and the invention of barbed wire? Well, I decided to have lunch with Joseph Glidden, one of the most important people to the history of our country. Of course the day I ride through the cemetery is the day they are repaving the roads through the cemetery and trimming the trees. It's bad enough I feel like a ghoul stalking a dead guy but now you get really strange looks when you're dressed with a shirt that has Captain America's shield pictured on it eating lunch sitting on the steps of a crypt. I have nothing but respect for the dead and I love cemeteries. My favorite cemetery that I have been to is the one in Key West, Florida. So, as I was eating my pastrami, pepperjack and horseradish sandwich I looked down at the water bottle I carry that my daughter put in my stocking for Christmas and thought it would be a cool photo but maybe it's creepy I'm not sure. It is intended as artistic and to respect the dead. In addition to Joseph Glidden, whose crypt also houses the remains of Annie Glidden, there are the names on crypts and mausoleums of people whose names now adorn Dekalb's streets and buildings. It's like the local version of one of those Hollywood cemeteries.

I was watching "America The Story of Us" Westward episode last night and I think Disney screwed up having Fess Parker play both Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. I loved Fess Parker and, as a kid, I loved Boone and Crockett but Disney did a disservice to these men because now I cannot tell them apart. I think I could separate them more in my pea brain if they had been played by different actors. Disney, you need to remake these shows as movies with Hugh Jackman as Davy Crockett and Russell Crowe as Daniel Boone. It seems like I have a thunder down under fetish. I will be happy to review these movies when they are complete. Maybe Boone and Crockett looked exactly alike? If that is the case Hugh Jackman is fine in both roles.

I extended my clothes line yesterday (TWSS). It is retractable so I just put another hook in the fence further down so now it runs angular. This is how it begins with the neighborhood turning on you. It starts simple but then it gets out of control. I'm Jonesin' for clothes lines. Cheese and Quackers (our resident ducks) were watching me hang out the clothes yesterday. I managed to capture some photos of them.

Yesterday I mentioned that I would talk about my daughter's Constitution test. I think it's great that we know most of the information for the test but have you ever used the 2/3 vote or simple majority vote information that you learned? You know I love history (don't know much about science book) but why do we need to know facts like that?

Sugar Momma said she wants to try camping again. The last time we went and, yes it was a long time ago, it was a disaster. My daughter got poison ivy and it was hotter than Satan's sandals (trademark/patent). Sugar Momma hates the heat. The ladies slept in the car with the air conditioner running all night while my son and I slept in the tent inhaling fumes. That explains a lot actually. She thinks if we buy a bigger tent everything will be different. The kids are a lot older now so I am game. I better take two or three notebooks with me for blog notes.

Tonight is The Middle and Modern Family. If you don't watch those shows you need to start. They are both hilarious. One day I think The Middle is better and then the next week I think Modern Family is better. I read somewhere that Fizbo (Cameron's clown alter-ego) is going to make an appearance again next season. I think Cam should start a birthday clown business to get out of the house once in awhile so we can see Fizbo once a season or so. We always made fun of housewives for watching Soap Operas but aren't all shows soap operas really? Especially the reality shows.

Have a Fizbo Wednesday. I will be uptown at the bank and The Walmarts (people used to call Jewel Foods "The Jewels") if you're looking for me. I can't wait to "see" you again tomorrow. I miss you already.

(Disclaimer - Kanye West didn't really take over my mouse and keyboard. This was just a dramatic portrayal of what could happen for the sake of blogging. I apologize if anyone was alarmed or hurt by this stunt.)

**all photos are mine except for fizbo which was sprayed with a lapel flower from tvfanatic.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment