Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Visions of Turkey Danced in His Head

Visions of food danced in my head again last night. There was a time that my dreams were about women and then there was about twenty years where I didn't remember my dreams at all and now I am dreaming of food. Not pancakes this time. This time it was Thanksgiving dinner with our friends who live in Charleston, IL. It was a lot of fun...thanks for having us over last night guys. It was nice to see you (in my dreams) again...

Yesterday, after I wrote the blog and said I eat too much now but I don't gain weight I weighed myself and found that I actually lost one pound - down to 188. I guess I need to write about not gaining weight in my blog and the power of Bloggestion (first time this word have EVER been used by anyone) makes me lose weight. Don't underestimate the power of Bloggestion. Someone else will steal this word and take credit for it - the dude in the Middle rarely gets credit. Remember me when they add it to the dictionary. (bloggestion could mean something suggested in a blog coming true like power of suggestion or someone actually understanding, or digesting, a blog).

I listened to the radio yesterday for news of the shots I heard in DekalbStone. There was no mention of shots yesterday but they did report that police were dispatched the night before for shots fired but they did not find evidence any shots having been fired.

I went into our Census meeting yesterday and I am officially on hiatus until the regular Census begins - in a week or two. I have to hope I get a call from a new crew leader to continue. I feel like one of those soldiers that came home from Vietnam without a parade and got spat on.

Yesterday, during the meeting, my stomach started growling. That hasn't happened in a while. I think it's because I'm eating all of the garbage food that I've been eating lately and it wants more. I didn't eat breakfast before the meeting and I'm sure that's really the reason. Stomach growling is like an alarm telling you it's time to eat. There's no snooze button so all you can do is eat to turn off the alarm. Why do we always grab our stomach when it growls? It doesn't hurt. Maybe we just want people to know that the noise they heard came from our stomach and not stomach's neighbor that lives in the rear apartment?

I can't read a note in my notepad...must have been writing and riding my bike but I'm sure this is great advise so I will write it as I can read it..."Willing in book people llamas." That's great advise and I recommend you heed it and do it today. If I read it later and figure it out I will blog it. Maybe we should have a contest to guess what "willing in book people llamas" means.

I wish I was someone just a little more funky.

I rode my bike a bit yesterday and coming back on the bike path near our subdivision I ran into (not literally) one of my Facebook friends who has been reading Mattinthemiddle (a faithful Middleian). It's very gratifying that people are reading and enjoying my blog. She is doing the same stuff I am doing; watching what she eats, going to the YMCA, walking and biking...to get and be healthier. She also mentioned that she's hungrier now too that the weather has turned nicer. It's nice to know that we're not alone and there are others battling the same battles we are. It was also surreal talking about my blog like it was Good Housekeeping or something.

Today I will: be doing laundry (may even hang some laundry outside against our neighborhood's Association Agreement), digging up an area in the yard for Sugar Momma, burning some brush, gotta work out, back to looking for a job... a huge list I am behind on. If you're bored come on over. Maybe we can ride our bikes for fish tacos or somethin' gnarly like that.

If I didn't shower everyday I'm sure I'd be a little more funky.

I figured it out / remembered. "Willing in book people llamas" actually says "writing in book makes people curious." I write in my little red notebook all the time for this blog and with script ideas (I'll write about that tomorrow) and I know people are looking at me thinking "what in the heck is that idiot writing in that little book?" They are finally correct....I AM WRITING ABOUT THEM!

Tomorrow is Earth Day Eve! How about a surprise party for her? Maybe she reads my blog and it won't be a surprise?

(images pilfered from: turkey - eviljwinter.files.wordpress.com, stomach growling - highlightskids.com, yard work - clipartguide.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment