Friday, April 9, 2010

Shoe Phone Me If You Need Me


I want to be serious for a second. Wow, that was tough I'm glad I didn't say for a minute.

Yesterday's training room was difficult to find. It was like the beginning of Get Smart when Max had to go through all those different doors and the phone booth and everything. When I finally found it I did sit by a window. Maybe that was part of the training - trying to find elusive addresses. Today it is in yet another different room. This time it is underground - no windows. It must be super, super secret training today. Being underground in an undisclosed location doesn't worry me too much. Did we fail the training and this is the way they dispose of us? In the basement no one can hear you scream...

I thought the laundry and dishes...would slow down but it is actually harder now that I'm a working mon (Jamaican and a play on the words man and mom all at the same time...I crack myself up). All that and I found a little time to myself to punish my body by working out. Who the heck raised the weights and increased the reps? What a moron!

I should probably receive a Bloggie Award (patent/trademark pending) for "excellence in blogging" or "rookie blogger of the year" soon.

I wake up every morning about 3:00 AM. I don't usually get out of bed but I look over and see that it's 3:00. WTF (why the face)? I thought maybe I was born at 3:00 in the morning so I looked in my baby book last night and found that I was born at 9:38 PM. I was born in West Germany so I have to take that into account for time difference I guess and there's been daylight savings times in the U.S. for my whole life. No one told me there'd be math. I'm going to say that is why I wake up at 3:00ish every morning whether the math works or not; it is the trauma of being born. If I say it enough it will become true.

Norm Macdonald was on WGN News this morning. Jill and I saw him last year. I worked at Zanies Comedy Club for a couple years a while back and because of that I don't find many stand-ups very funny anymore but he was hilarious. After each show he met the audience and I had him sign a couple of poker chips. Jill asked for an autograph for the kids and he advised them not to do crack. If you get a chance I recommend you see him. He talked about golf this morning and said now that Tiger is back on the tour golf isn't the same game, "a bunch of middle-aged white guys playing a slow, boring game." He also said that Tiger had been away "for sex addiction or what I call for being a man."

Well, I have to shower and make my lunch (it's not going to make itself) and get ready for day 3 of 4. After the training we'll be contacted by our F.O.S (or some acronym - my dad always told me the government was huge into acronyms) to receive our next assignments. Hopefully, I will live through the basement torture chamber today to actually get my next top secret assignment. I will probably wear my Pork Pie Hat and sit next to my side-kick Morocco Mole again today. Talk to you tomorrow if I live to tell the tale. (insert secret hand-shake here)

No comments:

Post a Comment