Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sandpaper Towels



My son asked yesterday "What's wrong with this towel?' It was one of the ones that I had line-dried and it felt like sandpaper. It just struck me funny to hear "what's wrong with this towel?'

Baseball practice in an hour and a half. It will probably start raining again right as we get there. I wish that if it were gonna rain it would just start now so I can make the call whether or not to have practice...right now, practice on! It does seem to be getting darker though.

Last night Sugar Momma's work had a get together in a pub in Geneva. It was people who she worked with at a different "division" and people at her current division and she asked me to go. Most of the people she works and worked with are very nice but it's fun to sit back and watch people in these settings when you're just watching from the bleachers. You can see that certain people avoid other certain people. There's the body-language that says more than any words could ever say. I will talk more about that in tomorrow's blog because I am in kind of a hurry this morning with baseball practice and I have to work at noon at my part-time job that isn't the Census.

When I was driving to Geneva yesterday I saw quite a few vehicles (vans and SUV's) with stickers all over the back windows. You know the ones I mean. The ones that show every member of your family, including pets, and what they do. Sally is a ballerina and a judo champion. Billy is a rodeo clown and a football player. Our dog Muffintop is a Yorkie who can catch a ball. Now there are stickers that show all the hobbies the driver is into like: cross-county skiing, driving with window stickers and polo... Why do I need this information at 80 miles per hour on the tollway? How the heck can they even see out of the back window? I guess people want something to blog about so others are kind enough to put that out there so we have material. What are they advertising? Rrying to get a spot on the next Family Feud?

My daughter is going to Northern Illinois University for a graphics competition today. One of her teachers signed her up. She's not really even sure what it is but she is entered in two categories (Advertisement Design and Newspaper Layout). Her teacher told her that she's the best person he's ever had in this category. She really is amazing with computers and graphics and her college major is going to be Communication Design. She's really nervous but she will do great. I wish I had stickers to put on our cars.

Well, I have to go start my rounds. Thanks, as always, for stopping by. Hizzle on the the shizzle-dizzle out! (not quite there yet)

(sandpaper photos from paulssupplies.com and window sticker from familywindowstickers.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment