Wednesday, April 14, 2010

3:00 AM And All's Well!

As long as I'm awake at 3:00 AM I may as well do something so why not blog? What is it with this 3:00 AM internal wake-up call? Why can't I just hit the internal snooze? I don't do caffeine so that can't be it. Maybe if I try not to lay there and look at the clock for two hours I'll be able to get a few more hours if I try to go back in there at 4:00ish. I do like this time of day though. No noise at all but a distant train and the constant muffled hum of the computer with the clicking of the keyboard. No phones, no lights no motor cars... It's even too early for the guy who delivers the papers at 4:30 with no muffler on his motor car.

I looked outside to see if the fox was out there again. But then I remembered she was in Dallas until tomorrow night. Are foxes nocturnal like me - The Vampire Mat?

My Fed job is kinda fun. There are a lot of really nice people in my town it turns out. Most of the people I work with are nice too. They are mainly college students and people thrown on the temporary job scrap heap like me. My boss' name is Dick. I really like Dick. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Maybe I'm a Fruit Mat. My job interview is this morning and I'm sure there will be hundreds of other people interviewing for the same position. I don't actually feel much pressure for some reason; maybe because I currently have the two part-time jobs and I'm sure my Pony League coaching job will lead to a job with a Major League team mid-season. Maybe at least with the Kane County Cougars. I hope to get a full-time permanent job soon rather that peacemealing jobs together though I am becoming pretty good at job-juggling. I guess you can't call me lazy anyway.

Sugar Momma has joined the Matt In The Middle School of Health (not sanctioned or endorsed by anyone important). She has lost about five pounds over the last week. She was disgruntled last week because she gained a few pounds when she first started but it turns out you ladies have different metaphysical make-ups than we fellas. Seems that you gals retain water and have a monthly process that you like so much. A monthly process that, when we were younger, we prayed for every month. It quickly became a hassle after that. Now that sugar Momma lost that water-weight plus the extra five she is fully gruntled again.

I have a lot to do today. I have to get the kids going, I have my interview in Rochelle at 9:15, I have to go perform my G-Man duties, I have to type up our game and practice schedules (we have 24 games plus the play-offs and the championship series this season)... We have our first practice tonight so I need to figure out what we'll do at practice tonight. I usually make the first practice kind of informal and just see what positions the players like to play, see who is fast, who can pitch, who has the hot moms (which means brings snacks for the kids, of course), see which moms and dads and siblings want to help and see basic player skills so no one gets killed but our first game is a week from Monday already and I just drafted these dudes two days ago. This may have to be like a real practice right from the start. I hope I don't have any jerky parents who like to win at all cost this season. My philosophy is "it's all for fun and everybody plays". There's travel baseball for that crazy crap.

It's almost 4:00 AM so I am going to try the go-back-to-bed-for-an-hour theory and see how that works. I need that switch that shuts your brain off but I don't drink hardly at all anymore so that switch is on the fritz. (Poor Fritz). I am sure I will lay in bed "with me big pilla" for an hour and think about all the crap I should be doing. Tonight will probably be a Benadryl** night. (**still waiting for all those lucrative endorsement deals to start rolling in from this wicked awesome blog**)

Have a great day. Wish me luck on my job interview in case I want it. Sure...now the birds are starting to chirp...ARGHHHHHHH

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you Matt! Please let us know how it goes for ya! Have fun at practice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I guess I could tell you about it but I already blogged it :)

    ReplyDelete