Saturday, April 17, 2010

"...And I feel fine"

Yesterday, while I was in the house, I heard a huge rumble off in the distance and guessed 2012 had arrived ahead of schedule. Darn Mayans and their calendar. I realized that it was a helicopter which is pretty common here: blood to the hospital, crop-dusters... but this was a Military helicopter. Then the noise got louder and there were three. They we really low so I knew they were landing close (or about ready to take out a target) so what would any nosy person do? I slid down the Mattpole (could be bad out of context), got in the Mattmobile, said "atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed" and raced to see what I could blog about. I work for the Federal Government, you know, they might need my assistance in some way. I headed two clicks due north (though I used the round-about way with the roads). We have had a few very important people here in the last few years like Barack Obama, for instance, so I was excited to see Elton John or somebody. When I got there all three helo's were on the ground with over a hundred uniformed soldiers surrounding them. Where are Dustin Hoffman and Cuba Gooding Jr.? I made contact with a "friendly" (a mom with three kids in this case) and found out they were here for NIU's R.O.T.C. (Reserve Officer Training Corp) program. They were taking the recruits somewhere for the day. I guess I should start reading the newspaper. I figured it was the holocaust and Jill was in Macomb and the rest of my life would be trying to get me and the kids back to her...I've seen too many movies (if that's possible).

Speaking of movies I have been trying to come up with my top ten movies of all time and it's impossible. I have been working on it since I started this blog so I could share it with you. I am finding that I have very few comedies on my short list (that's what she said). I will let you know when I get it down to ten (the list that is).

Three rabbits are racing out front. It's Saturday so there's no Sausage Race and the fox is probably in some hen house somewhere so they feel safe I guess. Wascal Wabbits!

There is a meeting called "Rally at South Elgin High School" scheduled for Monday night (4:00PM - 5:00PM) at, you guessed it, South Elgin High School "to publicly pressure our state legislators into ensuring that educational funding is a priority." I was made aware of it by one of my Blog "Peeps" on FaceBook.
You can get more info on FaceBook by going to "Rally at South Elgin High School" or linking it from my FaceBook page in my events. The media is going to be there so maybe you can get your 15 seconds of fame. I would love to go and promote my blog but we have a baseball scrimmage game at 6:00PM. There are few things as important as the educations of our children so support this cause if you can. Wow, Mattinthemiddle might be making a difference. Thanks "DP".

This is getting long again (don't need to say it) and I have so much more to blog. My little red notebook runneth over but I don't want to make it too long (you know). Baseball practice at 10, turn in Census paperwork at noon and The Amazing Race (GO BACKYARDIGANS!!!) at 3. Wish us luck at the race...more for my little red notebook.

In case Jill reads this from Macomb...I mowed the yard and it makes your flowers look even prettier. See you tonight, smoochy smoochy. (Incidentally, Death To Smoochy, though I liked it, will not be on the top ten). Blog you tomorrow!

(helicopter image borrowed from farm1.static.flickr.com and the other one is taken right from the "Rally at South Elgin High School" FaceBook page - go there now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment