Thursday, March 31, 2011

You Callin' Me a Speciesist?

Good day to you my fine unfeathered friend; I realize I am making a gross assumption but if you are feathered I apologize. Let it be known, however, that I do not discriminate.
I will neither confirm nor deny that is our boat

I am blogging to you right now at the usual time that I would normally be half-way deplasmified. I almost felt like going back today just to see if my midi-chlorians had returned to the usual mortal-level but I am not in the mood for rejection today. You'd think I would be jonesin' for rejection by now. Today may just be a GTL day (gym, tan and laundry). I decided to try to become even more annoying now that the Dirty Laundry blogcast is up and running. If you haven't heard the premier episode there's no time like the present. I don't want to take the thunder out of episode two (which hasn't been recorded yet, but, will be streaming by April 8th) but since episode one I have decided to take on a nickname because Sugar Momma now wants to be called Cha Cha. I am now The Agitator. It's a good laundry term and it's one of the things I seem to do best. So, now I have to talk like that dude from Jersey Shores, The Situation. I am proud to say that I have never seen that show. I do, however, know who The Situation and Snookie are because of my general pop-culture I.Q. via osmosis.

As long as I am on the rejection portion of our blog - should I be worried that I haven't received my invitation to The Prince William - Kate MIDDLEton wedding yet? I am sure it's just an over-site. Have you received yours yet? In a way I'd be kinda relieved if they left me off the list this time. What the heck do you get them? I just mentioned them in the blog and that's everybody's dream. Pretty hard to top that...a blogcast shout-out perhaps?
Bird Whisperer In the Middle
I heard yesterday that PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) wants the publishers of a new translation of the New International Version Bible to personalize animals. The group wants them to refer to animals as "he" and "she" rather than "it." PETA said that The Bible is "speciesist." They went on to say "language matters...calling an animal ‘it’ denies them something. They are beloved by God. They glorify God." As you remember last year I became known as the Bird Whisperer for my attempt to save the birds across the street from cats and for hand-feeding and putting a bird back in the nest in our yard after it fell from the tree. I also feed the ducks and the birds on Mattgarita Island every day. I know I may seem prejudice toward birds but I am not a speciesis; birds just seem to need my help more often (I did adopt a Manatee remember). Anyway, I find this ridiculous. I know PETA probably needs to stay in the news for funding reasons but their radical behavior like: wanting to change The Bible, throwing red paint on people... makes them look like nuts. The way to change peoples' minds is not by becoming lunatic fringe. Discrimination has always been prevalent in America and, unfortunately, probably always will be. Who are you more likely to follow? An eloquent man who speaks with calm loving words or a person dressed like a ghost yelling ghastly things at innocent children and burning crosses in someone's yard in the name of religion? I realize comparing PETA to the Ku Klux Klan is very extreme and not entirely fair but you get the point. Even the great man named Jesus mentioned that man was greater than beasts. I think lamb was even served at his last supper. Hey PETA, are you responsible for liberating that poisonous cobra from The Bronx Zoo? Sorry, I am not sure if it's a Him" or "Her." Maybe that's my issue - I don't want to offend an animal by calling a male chipmunk "madam." Birds make it easy - the more colorful is usually the male (I will stop right there).
Mister or Miss Peabody?

Speaking of stopping right there I have prattled-on long enough. We will be recording the next Dirty Laundry blogcast in the next three or four days so if there's something you want to know about us or hear our views or ideas on something drop me a line here, on Facebook or email me at mattgarita@msn.com. Enjoy the MIDDLE weather today because they're talking about rain tomorrow in the MIDDLEwest; it's better than snow right now. TTTT...MITM (off) hit it Hal

No comments:

Post a Comment