Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This Blog is Stuck in Second Gear!

I am going to do a terrific blog today - hit it Hal
Hey, That's not a MATT in the MIDDLE!
I just learned from my friend Dena that today is Friend Appreciation Day. What a great day; every day should be friend appreciation day. Friends are what make life bearable most of the time. So, let me start  by saying that I appreciate you and I am glad you appreciate me enough to be reading that I appreciate you. Over the past couple of weeks I have been thinking a lot about past friendships as four or five very hard-working ladies (why is it always the ladies?) are organizing our 30-year high school reunion. I think about friendships lost and friendships forgotten and have many regrets. I usually think everything is about me, good or bad, so I mainly blame myself for losing friendships over the years. I guess I was just too lazy and selfish to put in the time. I have grown and chilled and become wiser and much more patient and understanding but why does that have to come when we're in the twilight of our life? I am happy where I am in life but there are many regrets. The friends I have now, and the ones I am getting back and adding all the time, will be here until the end (since at my age that could be tomorrow). Sappy time is over...now on to the usual nonsense FRIENDS!

The Dirty Laundry blogcast is just about ready. There is a way that you can listen to it now but the iTunes process takes longer than I had read. The Apple review process for it to appear on iTunes takes two to three weeks. In the meantime you can listen to it from our sight and you can even load it through your personal devise (i-pod...) until it becomes more convenient through iTunes. I will update you later today or tomorrow on the Dirty Laundry (podcast) Facebook fan page. Don't be left out - JOIN TODAY!

I had heard that Katie Holmes was going to be playing Jacqueline Kennedy but had forgotten. So, now the mini-series she is playing Jackie Kennedy in will begin this Sunday night at 10:00PM MIDDLEtime on Reelzchannel (channel 238 on DirecTv on Mattgarita Island). The movie is called The Kennedys. In addition to Mrs. TomKat, the mini-series also stars Greg Kinnear as John F. Kennedy and Barry Pepper as Robert Kennedy (a couple of my favorite actors). I don't know anything about the show except from what I have read. I read that it is done in the vein of The Godfather with Joe Kennedy being kind of a Vito Corleone-type (sounds like it will historically accurate then). I have set a season-pass on the DVR and I will let you know what episode one looks like Monday or Tuesday...we can compare notes. I have always been fascinated by the Kennedys maybe because JFK was the Prez-dispenser when I was born (I was 2-months old when he was shot). Hey, Prez-dispensers would be cool except for maybe the Lincoln one (sorry).

Geez...I am running long again but that great Prez-dispenser idea I just had made me remember an idea I woke up with in the MIDDLE of the night. I will mention it here so I can get credit and be able to sue when someone steals my idiotic-intellectual property. I want to start a Facebook Protection Program (like the Witness Protection Program). I keep hearing of people getting busted for their stupidity of photos they posted or not being accepted into colleges because of their shenanigans. I would offer a service that creates (ghosts) a fake Facebook site for you that would make you be the person you should be for the opportunities you seek. It's kind of like a false-advertisement firm. I think I would call it Mattmen! You know it's a good idea...just admit it.


Alrighty, go out there and make new friends, be a good friend and appreciate your current friends. Again, I appreciate you stopping by whenever you can; I know you're busy. Have a great day and I'll update you later about the blogcast (that's what we're gonna call it now). TTTT...MITM (off)
hit it Hal

No comments:

Post a Comment