Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Next Member of the Handsome Men's Club is....

It's a beautiful Saturday morning in the MIDDLEwest - at least the part that I am in. I am sitting in the Tiki Room here on Mattgarita Island blogging to some good friends (you), the sun is beaming through the windows, Roz is singing songs from her Island playlist and the birds are eating right outside the window. OMG...as I typed that Bab Marley sang "three birds pitch by my doorstep." I looked up just then to see only two birds pitch on my hanging feeder.
     Today is the day that Sugar Momma and I are going into the "studio" to record the Dirty Laundry podcast so I can have it delivered April 1st as promised. My buddy Eric has recorded three songs for the podcast. He is the Paul Shaffer of Dirty Laundry. We are going to have Eric on the show after we get the bugs out so you can get to know him better and he can promote his music; he is extremely talented. I think our first show will be just us so nobody is remembered as the guest who was on that train wreck. It will also let you get to know us and allow us to get comfortable with what we are doing. It will be here before we know it.


How do I become a member of The Handsome Men's Club (besides plastic surgery)? I imagine the first qualifications is to be handsome so I may become instantly ineligible. Members I know of are: Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey, Tony Romo, John Krasinski, Patrick Dempsey, Hugh Jackman, Rob Lowe, Sting, Ted Danson, Ethan Hawke, Josh Hartnett, Taye Diggs, Keith Urban, Lenny Kravitz and Matt Damon. Never mind; if Damon's in there I will never get in. Do I even want to be a member of a club that already have two Matt's? I know I am better looking than George Clooney and Brad Pitt so I should logically be the next member.

Bernie Liederkraft
I was channel-surfing the other morning, I have been in the channel-surfing olympics twice, and I came across The Tavis Smiley Show (is he Guy's brother?). I stopped because Blair Underwood was on the show. I have pretty much had a man-crush on Blair Underwood forever. He should be in The Handsome Men's Club and once I get in he will be one of my first nominees for membership. Anyway, they were talking how he keeps winding up on shows on NBC. He said that it was a coincidence and then caught himself and said he "doesn't believe in coincidence." That seemed absurd to me. How can you not believe in coincidence? I think it was a coincidence that I surfed to him on The Guy Smiley Show and stopped to hear that he doesn't believe in coincidence and now I am blogging about it. I am assuming, by this statement, that he is a religious man. I just find it flattering to think that me blogging about Blair Underwood is part of a divine being's master plan...I am very flattered.

Howdy Ma'am! I just won the best cowboy hat contest
Did you hear that Donald Trump is thinking about running for President of the United States? Are you kidding me? He is starting to talk crap about President Barak Obama's background and questioning his birthplace... He says that nobody seems to remember Barack as a child but if you went back to where he grew up everyone would remember a young Donny Trump. Wasn't he the one with the weird haired fifth-grader who rode around in a limousine with his second-grade girlfriend and told all of the other kids that they were fired?
     The comfort of the Tiki Room has made me blog on and on again. I am heading to a horse show in Maple Park with Splenda right now; she changed her plans and is not going back to school until tomorrow :) I'm back from the horse show (her friend Mel from SIU took third place at the NIU tournament). I was the only moron wearing a cowboy hat...yippee ki yay MIDDLERS; where else can I wear it other than Mattgarita Island bon fires and mowing the lawn? Blog you tomorrow...I think now we're heading to the outlet mall. I surely do live the life. TTTT...MITM (out of the saddle again)

No comments:

Post a Comment