Sunday, March 20, 2011

Live from Grafton, Ohio (sort of) It's Sunday Morning Blog!

Good morning. Thanks to my pal Dena I had Thunderstruck by AC/CD stuck in my head for awhile which was coincidental (unless you're Blair Underwood - see yesterday's blog) because I watched Iron Man (for the eleven billionth time) yesterday while I worked out. Iron Man and Iron Lady teaming up against me, eh? Now, I have a different song stuck in my head and I have no idea why this song is echoing through the hallow caverns of my mind.
Say NO to weekends here!
     Today Splenda goes back to school after Spring Break. It's always a bittersweet day. I am always happy to have her home but I am excited and happy that she is blazing her own trail in the world (now I am singing that song again). I hope that all of the dreams and plans she has come true for her. There are not many people that happens for but I am confident it will for her - Parenting 101 (maybe 211). That's what every parent wants for their child I hope. Last night she and Sugar Momma and I went to see the movie Paul. I will review Paul at Middle Movie Reviews  (there is new video there now though) in the next day or two but if I do it now not many of you will know that I did because few read the blog on the weekends, especially now since the days are back in the saddle again. Yesterday the Helsers loaded up the family truckster and headed East to the Aurora Outlet Mall (Chicago Premium Outlets). Boy, that was a stupid idea. I have only been there twice and I think both times were during a weekday and it was a bit chilly outside. DO NOT GO THERE on a weekend when it's nice out. Crowded is an understatement. One thing I liked about it as a dad is - we only bought one thing. Sugar Momma got a new computer bag for ten bucks.

Speaking of crowds, who can hook a brother up with a couple of ducats for the Bulls/Celtics game April 7th? I can only find singles or REALLY expensive seats. I guess WGN always has good seats for me on my couch. I don't know why a gold coin that was kind of the great granddaddy of the Euro came to be a synonym for a ticket but I though it classed the blog up a bit. Tuppence for Ducats (trademark/copyright/patent) would be the name of my ticket brokerage company if I had one.

Sugar Momma and I didn't record the premiere episode of Dirty Laundry (podcast) last night. We are going to do it this afternoon. The launch date is thirteen days away. There's still quite a bit to do but it will be done on pod as it is in bloggin. My thought was that we didn't want to do it too far in advance because everything we talk about will be two week's old when you're listening to it. We will probably talk about Paul but two weeks in movie time is pretty long (TWSS).
Wait'll We Get Our Winning Tiger Blood On You!

When I logged into the computer this morning why did my local weather come up as Grafton, Ohio? Did my house get carried to the Cuyahoga River while I slept? Hold on, I am going to GOGGLE Grafton, Ohio and see where I am right now; I haven't looked out the window yet. Very weird...it's near a town called MIDDLEberg Heights (figures...MIDDLEberg). It's just southeast of Cleveland. Cleveland makes me think of the movie Major League which makes me think of Charlie Sheen (we should have known when his nickname was Wild Thing) which leads me back to the Aurora Outlet Mall. There was a giant cut-out of Michael Jordan in the Hanes store and Jordan's co-star for several of those commercials was....Charlie Sheen. Charlie Sheen is the new Kevin Bacon with tiger blood.

Isn't it cool how the word Google can be: a noun, a verb, an adjective, a place, an interjection... any of the grammar School House Rocks? I find it quite interesting a Google's a person, place or thing.

Have a google Sunday. Try to google some rest before your week googles all over again togoogle. I'll let you know when the Paul review is ready but if you're looking for something to do on a rainy Sunday (slight SPOILER ALERT COMING) it would be a really fun movie to see (for you adults - rated R). Blog you tomorrow. TTTT....MITM (googling but not fading away)

No comments:

Post a Comment