Thursday, March 3, 2011

Down with Team Edward - Up with Team Matt (in the middle)

Good mornoon to you again (starting to write this at 11:21AM. I missed you. I am going to try to do this blog without any specific tabloid-ish references...wish me luck (or maybe wish yourself luck).

Last night work was pretty uneventful until the end. The visiting basketball team decided to stay in their locker rooms for over two hours after the game's conclusion. So, Security Jon, MOD Tammy and the two SUPERS, Aleesha and I, acted like groupies outside of rock stars' dressing rooms until they decided to head to their bus at about 11:30PM. This enabled me to find a new way to sleep through the night without Benadryl. Work until 11:30 and then come home and watch two of the DVR'd television shows from earlier in the evening because you cannot sleep right way, of course, and set you alarm for 5:45AM...It worked great! Go to sleep about MIDNIGHT, usually when I am waking up it seems.
      During deplasmification this morning I started rereading one of my favorite books, Following the Equator by Mark Twain. I have become re-infatuated with Mr. Clemens while recently watching a PBS documentary by Ken Burns (of course) about the life of Mr. Twain. Suffice it so say the documentary was amazing (5 stars from me on Netflix). Anywhooo, I learned a lot about Twain that I didn't know and we have a lot more in common than I realized. I am certainly not trying to compare myself to Samuel Langhorn Clemens (hey, we both have first, middle and last names) but I am most likely reincarnated from him. That's not a comparison right? So, I stopped over at Border's again today after getting Q-Tips and more wasabi/soy sauce almonds (yes, the other can is empty). I bought two Mark Twain books and then I bought another book that I thought would give Mark a kick in his funny bone. I bought The Wilderness Warrior - Theodore Roosevelt and the Crusade for America. Why would Sammy find this amusing you might ask? Toward the end of his life Mark Twain received many awards including honorary degrees from universities. I cannot remember off the top of my head but I think it was Harvard...both Roosevelt and Clemens were receiving honorary degrees at the same time. Roosevelt refused to shake Sam's hand because of a lot of his recent criticism of Teddy. It's nice to see that some of my heroes can be as petty as I sometimes am.

I am planning on channeling Twain to kick-start my book writing again. I also think I want to head down to Hannibal for the 4th of July this year for National Tom Sawyer Days. Who wants to go? We should even enter the fence painting contest. No, I don't obsess much! They even have haunted mansions you can stay at...this just gets better and better.

Can home-schooled people get home-school college degrees? I am thinking about schooling myself for a Masters and Doctorate because it's cheaper.
Team Edward No - Team Mattcula Yes!!!
     You know I have kidded that I may be part vampire because I don't sleep very well? Fabio told me the other day that he and Sugar Momma think I am a vampire for other reasons. He even said when I am not around they call me Count Chocula. What???!!! They both like the house very bright and I like it as dark as possible; I will give them that. I really would not like a stake driven into my chest...they got me there. Now that I think of it maybe that's why I gave up meat. I don't want to be anywhere near steaks. I just want to dis-spell this rumor before it gets outta hand. I LOVE GARLIC! (one, one reason I'm not a vampire ahh ahh ahh). I LOVE THE SUN! (two, two reasons I'm not a vampire ahh, ahh, ahh) I hope that's proof enough because that all I've got. I guess this is Mattculas Lament? (this has been on Roz for a couple of years)

Forget Team Edward...join Team Matt (in the middle)! Celebs yes, tabloid no! I think I did it but I will let you be the judge! I know I didn't mention that dude from Mars. Enjoy your Thursday (I also bought blue cheese olives at the store...I bet they'd be great in a Bloody Sugar Momma - allegedly). I don't know why Thirsty Thursday made me think of that. I may take a nap now...not because it's daytime but because I am tired from being up very late and being around people with their veins dripping (plasma) this morning....I think I am going to check and see if I have a reflection first...TTT (night time) ahh, ahh ahh! TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment