Friday, March 18, 2011

It's Payday and a No ATM Friday

It's Friday - and there was much rejoicing.
The old Bank - ATM 1-2 Punch , eh?

Yesterday I heard that some big banks, Chase was the one that was specifically mentioned, are going to "test" charging non-Chase Bank customers a $5 or $6 fee to use their ATM machines. This will be on top of the fee that our bank charges us to us a non-whoever they are ATM. So, this "test" is designed to make back the money that they lost screwing over our entire country? What a surprise that we are going to have to fix the problem that the banks caused. It would make too much sense for the banks to be held accountable. I rarely will use another bank's ATM if I have to pay a fee. There are rare occasions when I have to but it is very rare that I will do this. Money makes the world go 'round and the world is not spinning quite as effortlessly as it did a couple of weeks ago. How long do you think it will be until the word "test" just mysteriously disappears like our economy?

Now I hear that Congress is trying to overturn the plan that was designed to fix the nation's foreclosure problem. I am not a huge politico which is why Sugar Momma is gonna be so important on the Dirty Laundry podcast; I just know nonsense and a lot of trivial facts; nothing of major importance generally. So, I have discovered that she is the brains and the looks of the podcast team and I am starting to wonder what I am bringing to the pod table. I would say humor but she's funny too. She is kinda hard of hearing so I guess I will bring the ears of the pod. Wow, I had better keep being nice to her. Getting back to the foreclosure issue I digressed from, the program they are trying to squash primarily helps neighborhood development which, in turn, helps communities and trickles up through our economy. They want to stop helping people and companies from financing loans to buy-up some of the rundown, abandoned buildings, tear them down and build decent dwellings and stores to help grow our economy back. Additionally, this will put more people to work tearing down and building. I think this is just the usual bipartisan politics that we should stop. I am getting in way farther than my blog pay-grade so I had better stop there. Discuss amongst yourselves and I will watch and learn below.
KISS really DOES look different without their makeup

The recent inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame were announced a couple of days ago. I have no problem with their selections: Alice Cooper, Neil Diamond, Dr. John, Darlene Love, Leon Russell, Jac Holzman, Art Rupe or Tom Waits but every year I wonder why wouldn't KISS be in the HOF? It doesn't really mean anything to be in a Hall of Fame anyway...it's just like all of the stupid award shows we see so many of this time of year. Now I can charge more for personal appearances or my podcast (Dirty Laundry - coming soon) because I am Blogcademy Award Winner Matt In The Middle. Poppycock!

Boy, it sure was chilly in the house yesterday morning. Some moron turned off the switch to the furnace while he/she was working-out in the basement on Wednesday and didn't turn it back on before ascending from his/her workout cave. It's hard to hear my that person's workout movie playing when the furnace is roaring right next to my his or her bulging guns. Sometimes it works fine but when I he/she is watching a quiet movie like Amelia (about Amelia Earhart) for instance it's hard to hear the dialog.

I hope you're recovering from your green hang-over. Splenda heads back south to school tomorrow; her spring break endeth and Fabio's begineth. Splenda spend most of her spring break in Iowa...at least she was closer to home. We would have done something with Splenda but she wasn't here. We are going to do something for spring break with Fabio which may include going to see Splenda, ironically. The MATTgical Mystery Tour is coming to take you away. Better than Calgon! TTT?...MITM (offen sie) TA!
cue the exit music Hal!

No comments:

Post a Comment