Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Blog of Destiny!

Nostradamus was a huge J.K. Rowling fan
cue the music (I love this song)
Good morning. It's very early as I write this and I have had very little sleep so I have no idea where this going so strap yourself in and hold on tight!

I think if I were Muammar Gaddafi's agent I would advise him to wear a blue turban. Remember when Nostradamus was all the rage and one of his quatrains said that we, a country that didn't even exist yet, would be destroyed by someone in the MIDDLEeast? By a country lead by a man in a blue turban? I think I would use that little psychological edge if I were a madman in the Mideast. Dude get a good PR firm if you're gonna be all crazy. Nostradamus' quatrain reads, "out of the country of Greater Arabia shall be born a strong master of Mohammed,  He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban, He will be the terror of mankind, Never more horror." Oh wait, that war was supposed to begin "in the year 1999 and seven months." The war is supposed to "last seven and twenty years" (27 years); that takes us to 2026. If that's the case than the world cannot end in 2012 right? Wasn't he also the dude that started the whole world will end in 2012 deal or was that the Mayans and the Aztecs? OMG, I don't know which Ouija Board to believe anymore. My faith has become shattered and torn. Okay, I just checked and in July 1999 (7th month) Harry Potter and the Prince of Azkaban was released. Was Nostradamus a visionary literary reviewer? Maybe he could just see books and films and not world history and tragedy. I could see the Harry Potter craze lasting until 2026 or was he predicting J.K Rowling's year of death? That would only make her 61 years old in 2026 so that is unlikely but let's start that rumor now...check back with me in 15 years and I'll tell you how I misread this quatrain. OR WILL I?

Speaking of literary reviews; check out my movie review of Paul at MIDDLE MOVIE REVIEWS.

De nada for your destiny my friend. Mucho take it easy!
Yesterday I met with an old high school and drum and bugle corps buddy Eric. He is now the official Music Director of the Dirty Laundry podcast (I am not even going to mention that the podcast is launching April 1st). I guess it was destiny because Blair Underwood has taught me that there is no coincidence. Here's how destiny has struck me down (Readers Digest / Cliff's Notes version). Almost a year ago there was a drum and bugle corps show at my old high school. A bunch of us old Fox Valley Raiders members, most of which hadn't seen each other in years, decided to go to the show as a mini reunion. A lot of us met at Pepe's Mexican Restaurant before the show. Among the people there was one of my main mentors as a child Kevin (who, "destinely", is a chiropractic mentor now). When I blogged about needing music for the podcast a while back Kevin suggested Eric who was not at the reunion but is on Facebook. I contacted Eric (Facebook changing podcasts and Egypt) and he did the music and we met yesterday. I asked Eric on the phone where he wanted to meet and he said The Cantina Grill in Oswego. I asked, "is that near Pepe's?" He responded that he didn't know anything about Pepe's.  Here comes the coincidence destiny payoff - it is LITERALLY right next to Pepe's. Dirty Laundry is my destiny (or something). Or, maybe it's Pepe's?

I am going to do something adventurous today; I believe it is my destiny. Wouldn't that be coincidental if I coincidentally did have an adventure that changed my destiny today? Okay, we're back to the sleep-deprivation thing again; what a coincidence.  Have a nice Humpty Humpday. Is it too early for an adventurous nap? TTTT...MITM (out by destiny. coincidence? me thinks not)

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you again Matt ! Musical Director ..hmm...I like the sound of that ! Happy to help out and who knows "it could be made into a monster if we all pull together as a team " !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so Eric. It was great to see you again too.

    ReplyDelete