Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Blog for the Birds! (it's not just chicks though)

It's after noon already? It's time to blog. The day got behind me fast.
Don't be a dirty bird!
  
Last night Sugar Momma and I went for a walk and then we recorded an entire Dirty Laundry podcast episode. We were mainly practicing with the equipment and making sure we are prepared when we are ready to go for real. After we were done I lust laid in bed like a kid waiting for Santa. I kept getting up and coming back into the office and tweaking this and changing that all night long. Then I would roll over and write down notes - now I have a blogbook and a podbook. After deplasmification today I came home and started working on the theme song. It's quite something actually...I hope somebody with actual musical talent sends me something so I only have to use it for the first show. I think this one  will certainly entertain you though. Then, when you hear it and you realize that the bar isn't set very high, you will send me something good.

While I was getting prepped to donate plasma today the phlebotomist who was getting my vitals asked me if I cut wood. I wanted to say, "no, just cheese" but I didn't. She said that I smelled like cut wood (schwing) or a log cabin. She quickly said that it was a good smell. It's that darned Tommy Bahama and his woodsy-scented cologne. "Hello, backwoodsman!" I worked really hard yesterday and this morning to make sure my protein was over 6.0 (it was 6.8 today) but then my blood pressure was high on the first reading. She apologized saying it was her fault because she got me laughing with her Woodsy Owl comment while I was getting my blood pressure measured. I had to wait five minutes and then my blood pressure was fine and my pulse was about perfect...at least there's something perfect about me. I was happy that my protein was good this time because I had walked the protein tightrope for the last two days. I am glad I knew it was low though.
Not so "ducky" for Gottfried

Another forest animal in the news today is the AFLAC duck. Gilbert Gottfried, who does the voice of the duck, was fired by AFLAC after like seven years or something (I am guessing on the years). He was tweeting some jokes about the very recent catastrophe in Japan. I have always liked Gilbert Gottfried but there are many times that I have thought he had gone too far. I remember after the September 11th / Twin Towers terrorism he joked about that right away. I heard him on the radio at that time saying that someone in the audience yelled "too soon." I guess he didn't learn anything then. I was actually surprised AFLAC hired him in the first place given his "blue" comic past. Maybe when he did the voice of Iago in Alladin he was the goto guy for bird voices. Silly goose, tweets can only get you in trouble. Ask Ochocinco.

Now, with all of the problems going on with the nuclear facility in Japan, there is a sudden panic concerning the nuclear plants in the United States. The Simpsons should have raised those flags about 30 years ago. Oh yeah, Three-mile Island, Chernobyl, The Red October... how soon we forget. We can see the Byron, Illinois nuclear plant from our house on a cold day when the "steam" is billowing into the air. Now we are all over-reacting like we do. I am sure it will become a big deal in the political arena; anything to prey on our fears for their gains. There is a nuclear facility built right on The New Madrid fault here in Illinois too. I think my dog would have been able to ascertain that was a bad idea given that, supposedly, The New Madrid Fault is more volatile than the San Andreas Fault. Enjoy today, who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Got Nuclear Power? (too soon)
I need to get some lunch in me and start thinking about getting ready for work. It's another set of high school tournament basketball games (classes 3A and 4A I think) tonight. I hope we get another cool mascot like The Ghosts. Have a nice evening...the NCAA basketball tournament begins tonight too. I know you live and breath by my predictions so I am going to say Kansas is going to win the whole thing. St. Mattrick's Day is only two days away (just a reminder). I bet corned beef has a lot of protein (I love corned beef with horseradish). Too bad I don't eat meat. This is one of the days that tests my resolve; good thing Sugar Momma hates it. The English (her) has always hated wee tiny Irish and our corned beef and cabbage! TTTT...MITM (polishing me shillelagh for work) TA!

1 comment:

  1. Anyone that has considered a career as a phlebotomist needs to complete a phlebotomy training program.

    ReplyDelete