Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Your Fault Too You Know!

hit it Roz (Charlie is Winning and I am Sharing!)
It's April Fools' Day and the Chicago Cubs' opening day (I am a St. Louis Cardinals' fan). Blair Underwood says there's no such thing as coincidence and now I am starting to believe him. I'm just giving my Cubs friends a little kind-hearted April Fools' jab...or am I? The joke's on me though - my friend Randy has extra tickets to the Cubs game and I cannot go because I have to work today. I've experienced more baseball with Randy than any other human (besides my kids) I think and that's saying something since I have coached baseball for about 10 years. Robert Redford is gonna be at the Cubs game too. Thanks a lot FATE! Roy Hobbs is throwing out the first pitch and I won't be there - double drat! That's okay - it's snowing (no April Fools)

I was driving in the car this morning listening to the radio and heard a news story that was talking about all of the moves toward 3-D technology. The report was specifically talking about the push for movies and television shows to become all 3-D. The story was about a new surgery that can be performed so that people can see 3D movies without having to wear the 3D glasses. I was in Cha Cha's (The Artist Formerly Known as Sugar Momma) car so it was on NPR (National Public Radio); what I imagine as a fairly reliable source. Of course, I immediately thought of it being April Fools' Day but then thought to myself, "self, would NPR play April Fools' jokes?" Then I answered myself, "they might self but remember that most of their listeners are older folks and this is pledge month so why would they want to confuse you them by playing an April Fools' joke?" So, given my two selves deciding that this was a real story I had so many questions. Yes, I love television and movies but do I care so much to undergo surgery to watch them? I suppose I would still have the option of wearing the 3D glasses but I would just get a nice pair of Oakleys or some cool-looking 3D glasses (are Oakleys even still around?) rather than have surgery. Would insurance cover this surgery? Why can't they just make the movie screens and televisions like a large pair of 3D glasses so it converts it for us? Why does our entertainment technology need to keep changing?  So we can upgrade all of our things and have a basement full of 8-track tape players and cassettes and VHS tapes and Betamax machines and televisions with dials on them and stay broke? Who wants to move to Canada with me? Go Blue Jays!

Not Bad for 85 MPH Huh? Timing is Essential

I want smell-o-vision. I have never seen any episodes of the television show Jackass or any of the Jackass movies but I bet if we had smell-o-vision more people would go - I still wouldn't. I think I would like to see Castaway in smell-o-vision. I bet Marilyn Monroe smelled good too. Popcorn sales would go up; get behind this Orville!

While we were following the river down the highway through the cradle of the Civil War last week we were driving through Missouri toward Memphis. I had Roz hooked up to the family truckster stereo and she was belting out Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf. As Meat got to the line "prayin' for the end of time..." we were passing New Madrid, Missouri. Was fate finally calling my number? Was this sweet irony and maybe I wouldn't live to be able to blog or podcast about this? I am passing through the area of one of the biggest fault lines in America and hearing the words "prayin' for the end of time to hurry up and arrive?" There is coincidence Mr. Underwood because if it were fate I would have died due to no FAULT of my own. Well, I guess it was my "fault" I was driving through New Madrid and it was my "fault" that I was playing music but come on. I cannot call New Madrid my fault - it's everybody's fault. It was probably my fate to blog about New Madrid...curiouser and curiouser.
I can't believe that I think $3.27 is cheap (that's where they getcha)
While we were driving in the MIDDLE of nowhere I noticed gas prices changing drastically. When we were in larger and more populated areas fuel was anywhere from $3.45-$3.68 per gallon. When we were in the sticks it was $3.27 per gallon...guess where I stopped? Price gouging and screwing your neighbor, it's the American way! Cannot be supply and demand because the demand in the MIDDLE of nowhere has to be lower in the hills than in St. Louis and Memphis right? "That's where they getch!"

We're gonna record the new Dirty Laundry podcast episode probably Sunday so get your questions in. If you haven't listened to the podcast yet don't be the only one. Click Here to listen now; I will supply your demand. This week I think we're gonna have our very first guest - some day it will be like a Video Killed The Radio Star trivia question. Can you name one other Buggles' song? Me neither.

I have to get some stuff done before I work the And 1 Basketball event tonight. Have a great Friday. I'll blog you again tomorrow. TTTT...MITM - GO CUBS!!! (April Fools) I cannot believe I am gonna send you off with this song but it is destiny according to Roz so...hit it Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment