Saturday, April 23, 2011

LIVE FROM STARBUCK'S IT'S SATURDAY BLOG!!!!!

Happy Hammock Day. I just decided to call today Hammock Day because it's hammock between Good Friday and Easter. It doesn't seen fair that Friday and Sunday get so much credit this week and we leave poor Saturday, who is used to all of the attention, out.
Bus on top of a terminal at St. Louis' Lambert Airport

I don't know how the weather was in your part of the Earth yesterday but Earth wanted to show the MIDDLEwest that it isn't too happy lately. The rain continued in my part of Illinois and we drove up to Southern Wisconsin and it rained all the way up and back. St. Louis, Missouri's Lambert Airport experienced a tornado. I am a St. Louis Cardinals' fan and was very excited to turn on MLB Network last night and see the Cardinals' game on. I thought it weird that it was only in the third inning at 11:00 PM but I was happy. I felt bad later about being happy when I learned of the tornado and figured the game was probably delayed due to very very bad weather. The tornado actually tore through one of the terminals. I have received your message Earth and I hope others hear you too.

Fabio has baseball practice this morning at 8:00AM. With all of Mother's (Earth) weeping lately his team has only been able to get two real practices in this year so far and his first game is Monday night. I am guessing the first half of the season is gonna be a little rocky. When I take him to practice I think Cha Cha and I may go over to Starbucks and I will finish the blog there. I don't drink coffee but they have pretty good oatmeal there. Alright, I have to get Fabio up and rolling and the next paragraph will most likely be written from Starbucks in beautiful Dekalb, Illinois. It's almost two hours later and we are at Starbucks. I am having Chai Tea (with a lot of Splenda and honey). A real man would have a cup of Joe but I prefer Mr. Tea!
Really good fish!!!

Yesterday when we went to deliver the goods to the truck in Wisconsin for the families hurt by the recent tornadoes in North Carolina we ate lunch at Texas Roadhouse in Janesville. I don't eat meat and one of their big things is that they cut their meat on the premises. I had the fish dinner and it was among the best fish I have had in a long time. Cha Cha had the New York Strip and said it was a good as the steak she had at Weber Grill. We both had frozen margaritas and I kept getting brain freezes. Cha Cha said that she has never gotten a brain freeze. Of course, me being the wonderful husband that I am, I told her that she didn't meet the minimum requirements. The real reason that i get brain freezes is because I don't take girly sips. I may drink girly drinks and not drink cups of Joe but I ain't gonna drink my girly drinks like a girl. Another cool thing about going to Wisconsin was that gas was cheaper...it only cost me $62.00 to fill up rather than the usual $80.00.

When I go to the ATM why do I have to select English or Spanish before I enter my PIN? Aren't all the numbers the same in both languages? Some people have a problem with having to choose Spanish or English on things but I am not one of them. I love that our country is so diverse. Isn't that one of the big draws of our country? That we are all pretty much mutts? Nobody cried when Old Yeller got shot? I won't be truly happy until people from other planets can stop form-changing and be themselves too.

Speaking or girly...this tea is too strong. I chose poorly. I haven't checked my Mega Millions numbers yet and the ticket is not here at Starbucks with me. I will let you know when the MITM / Dirty Laundry Millionaires' Ball is scheduled after I verify that I won. If I find out that I did win I am guessing that the podcast we record today or tomorrow will have many more give-aways.
Call Me Fitz starring Jason Priestley


I "season passed" a new television series that I think I like a lot. I have two episodes and I watched them both last night while I couldn't sleep. The show is called Call Me Fitz. It stars Jason Priestley as a car salesman named Richard Fitzpatrick (Dick Fitz) who is old-school like the Rat Pack. He is a drunk, a womanizer and every other trait of a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot. A new person shows up at the car dealership and says he is Fitz's conscience. It is not for kids as there is A LOT of swearing and some nudity...now I remember why I like it so much. It is on "The 101" on DirecTv (which is channel 101 oddly enough). I don't know where else it can be found but I highly recommend it for several LOLs if you're demented like me.

This blog is really long...see what strong tea does for me? Maybe I will call this the weekend blog and not do one tomorrow since we usually record Dirty Laundry on Sundays (even Easter Sunday because we have made a commitment to you).Enjoy the sun, doot en doo doo. Send me a line today if you want to be included on tomorrow's podcast mailbag portion (matthelser1@gmail.com). TTTT (maybe)...MITM (out to pick up Fabio from baseball practice). Have a great Easter morning! TA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment