Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Help a Boy Get Out of Bed!

Happy 150th anniversary of the first shot of the American Civil War. Imagine how different things would be today had that shot not rang-out at Fort Sumter in Charleston, South Carolina. It was a terrible war (unlike the good ones) but it was necessary for our country's growth. Thank you to all of the soldiers and their families who gave of themselves, many literally, so we could live as we do today; with a government that is still divided as much as the states were 150 years ago.

Big news on the Dirty Laundry podcast this morning. I went on iTunes this morning to check the progress of the podcast being available on iTunes and Dirty Laundry is now available free for downloading and/or listening on iTunes. For some reason it is listed as "Matt Helser's Podcast" but you can search it by my name or by "Dirty Laundry" in the audio podcast section of the iTunes store. I don't know why but I find that very exciting. Maybe if we build up enough of a following someone will want us to do a radio show. Maybe we can take Rush or Imus' spot. Dreams are the only things that make us get out of bed each day sometimes. Help a boy get out of bed - subscribe today. Maybe staying in bed wouldn't be such a bad gig sometimes though; imagine that podcast. EXPLICIT

The weather turning warmer is awesome (I know that was insensitive to snowmen and snowwomen). Last night I made my house-famous caprese sandwiches on the grill. I also grilled corn (previously frozen because even in DeKalb fresh corn isn't available yet) and I grilled asparagus. The caprese sandwiches were by special request of Cha Cha. For my first outing I believe I probably tried to be a little overly-zealous becasue I am not quite at mid-season grilling form. It was very good but not great yet.

I am pretty sure that Cha Cha and I are not getting invited to Kate MIDDLEton's wedding. I heard it from a very unreliable source that Prince William and Kate read this blog and listen to the podcast. I heard it from the same unreliable source that Queen Elizabeth has listened to the podcast as she walked her corgis (I saw a couple of those at the dog show this past weekend too). I don't feel bad about not getting invited as I heard that President and Michelle Obama did not get invited either. That made me feel a little better until I heard that Mr. Bean, Rowen Atkinson, was invited. I have seen several of his movies and television shows and I would reconsider his invitation. It works out better that we aren't going anyway since our anniversary is the next day; I don't know why that works out better maybe it's just sour grapes.

I've blogged long enough given my Mattydo list I have created for myself. I knew the inevitable would come when I would have to get back to the basement; the garbage man is gonna hate me this week. Please go to iTunes and subscribe free to the Dirty Laundry podcast. I am putting the final editing touches on episode three today and will have it on iTunes by the end of the day Friday so you can have Cha Cha and I in your ears while you jog or bicycle or whatever else you do on the weekends. I have to work on my marketing skills I think. Enjoy another sunny, warm day in the MIDDLEwest and I hope you have sunshine wherever you are. TTTT...MITM (that burning smell may be me cleaning the backyard later today). You can LEAF now - OMG I am hilarious (TNWSS).

No comments:

Post a Comment